AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All I know is that with the inclusion of the old AMC book and the snippet of the gold opening in the recap, they best not be teasing me with an updated book opening only to not come through. I will be so damn pissy, I've wanted that gold opening back ever since they unceremoniously dumped it.

• Members

Who knows? He might holla back. (We live in strange times.)

Meanwhile, I'm not feeling the exterior shots in that preview. They're too Peapack for my taste. Disagree all you want, but I think soaps just play better on a soundstage. #KimZimmerKnowsBest

• Members

Great trailer for Amc. It is really well shot. U can tell oltl will be edgier more slick while Amc is more traditional in a sense but modern at same time. This looks to be so much better then the Amc we got last three to four years which was horrid. Thank god Julie carruthers is not attached and ginger smith is at the helm.

• Members

Ironically, though, I think soaps in general did a much better job with the on-location/exterior stuff in the '80's, when each soap practically ripped apart their pocketbook to send actors all over the globe.

• Members

I am still wondering how the GH/DOOL/Y&R/B&B writers/producers will react. I can see the networks doing a clean sweep with the shows and instating competent writers like Clair Labine to the shows and allow them to florish. I can see the Bell's and Ken Corday sending their shows online, especially the bells, so the networks won't have there noses were they don't belong.

Archived