AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I think he did have facial work.

And now that I think of it - he was a Catholic priest, right? So they couldn't have dated. Or was "Elliot" a Protestant minister? I know they flirted a lot.

I remember thinking - and I was like 10 or something then - dear, God, writers - you shack Brooke up with the guy that killed Laura #1 right after she was doing the nasty with the guy that took nude pics of Laura #2 (at age 15)?!?!?

I'm surprised Brooke never had major depression. After that Jim story, the Brooke character should have had a more lighter plot - like something not too intense (with Aunt Phoebe, Tempo, ect.).

• Members

Yes, Angie and Jesse as the strong pillars of Pine Valley is the best. Sending a message that minorities can have successful happy marriages i.e. Cliff and Clair Huxtable on the Cosby Show. Both are legacy core characters of long ago too. Fierce loyal longtime faithful and dedicated Jesse and Angie fans would never allow anything else. The Connecticut Film Center would have mass picket signs and picket lines if anything of a hint of separation of this beautiful and strong couple would be in any writers conscience at all.

• Members

The only good thing to come from the Jim story was Dimitri and Brooke whom should have been made an actual couple following that. They had chemistry and she helped redeem him after that debacle with Gloria. I loved how he stood by her side. Plus the Erica angle would have been to die for. Such a missed opportunity. They drop Brooke and Dimitri to stick her with her kid's killer

• Members

Yes, he did have facial work and I think he was a Protestant minister. It felt like the story was abruptly dropped, but I thought it could've been a really powerful story if it led Brooke to forgive Elliot because she had killed Jim purposely while he accidentally killed Laura and still felt remorse about it. But I agree, it shouldn't have been romantic anyway.

• Members

Oh, God. Biker Brooke. That was such a [!@#$%^&*] period.

I don't understand why they kept trying to make Jack and Brooke happen. I like both characters but together, talk about wallpaper.

• Members

^ The mask was over the top. Supposedly it was there to protect her scars or something pre-op, but it would have been much better to just have her face bandaged.

I wasn't a fan of "phantom Erica" but I LOVED the scenes where Erica had David locked up in her basement with his hand stuck in a vise - Vincent Irizarry blew me away when he described David's father's suicide. Plus then there was that moment at the end of the basement scenes when they nearly kissed, and then she let him go. SL and VI knocked it out of the park. Plus the whole injured face thing led to the David and Erica romance, and it was insanely HOT. Easily her most passionate pairing.

• Members

While I do think Angie and Jesse could be the next Joe and Ruth, I disagree that the writers can't ever separate them - maybe it wouldn't be for long or permanently, but I think fans dictating who can and can not be split - shipping - was one of the main problems with AMC in its final years.

Archived