GH: December 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I (for the most part) am enjoying GH. I just wish that Ron would stop implanting his weak a** creations (Britt, Ellie, and Sabrina aka a poor man's Nola Reardon of GL) and use history. I hated his creations on OLTL (ie. Rama, Aubrey, Vimal, etc). He needs to clean house and bring on Serena while bringing back faves like Scotty, Laura, Dillon, and Brooklynn.

• Members

Re: Friday's clips...

I truly wish that Trey weren't leaving/fading away/dropping off the face of the earth because I would've much preferred to have seen him confiding in Starr about his family drama and following up with their version of an almost-love scene. Damn you, Frank, for letting him go so that poor Starr would be stuck propping Eeyore (while eventually becoming his punching bag). Ron knows that she's far better than this tepid pairing.

While I didn't see any romantic chemistry between my Todd and Terrorsita 2.0, I much rather see those two interact than have him being stripped of any individuality or personality to prop the rancid waste of space that Ron insists on putting in his orbit. You'd think that he'd regard the dreadfully long history of this bitch to recognize that she is the common denominator as to why this show isn't as good as it could be, since too many great and decent male character have had to be thrown under the bus to prop her ass, but he's unfortunately under the delusion that she is a worthwhile character when she should've been done away ages ago.

My AJ continues to be a highlight of this show, as he's lit a fire under the asses of many characters and storylines. That setup for the Battle of ELQ - one of which I hope that I actually see and not simply hear about in throwaway dialogue - in the form of his parting words to Tracy is precisely why Frank convincing Sean to return to the show that kickstarted his career - in spite of him successfully moving on to superior soaps - is hands-down one of the best things that has happened to GH in years.

McBain fits right in with the new and improved PCPD, despite the contrived way that he joined the team. As long as Ron can resist the urge to make him the King Dick of the force like he did on OLTL by having John know his role as Dante's peer, rather than acting as if he is on Anna's/(possibly) Robert's level, then I am perfectly fine with him being on GH. (Although Ron really needs to get the ball rolling on McBam, already.)

Last, but not least, folks weren't lying about Michael Quartermaine tossing the trash out on the curb. Sure, it can be argued that this isn't the first time that he's yelled at his mother, but this is the first time that he is absolutely right about that trifling sow. None of that revisionist bullshit is in effect here because Ron made damn sure to have Michael Q. tell it as it is and not reciting lies from the previous incarnation of this show. And while I can't say that I was outraged that the snaggletoothed skunk threatened Michael Quartermaine about his shares (as I've come to expect such beastly behavior from her), I surely hope that it doesn't mean that her ass will be dominating the upcoming Battle for ELQ storyline instead of the folks that deserve to be there (AJ, Tracy, Skye, hopefully Nedley, Monica, Michael Q., etc.).

• Members

Trey should stay, but not to be dragged down by Starr. I'd rather see him go than to have another character prop her. It's bad enough Ron used two shows to drive home the point that she's a magnet for guys. This guy has a wife that has been seen once in over a month, yet Starr is once again the center younger person of the show. KA doesn't have the presence or the chops to have this honor bestowed on her, not one but twice? And we wonder why soaps are all but dead?

John = sore thumb! He needs to be killed in the line of duty.

Todd and Carly = WIN WIN WIN, and before I forget WIN! So much better than the played out TnB. Hopefully, Cartini will take this opp to develop Todd into a full human. He now has sex appeal (or Roger now gives a damn), and we can start from there.

Forgot about AJ. Sean still sucks, but he'll do. I think LC needs to be back onscreen in this story. I'm liking what she's doing with the material. In fact, she's rising above it. Not many can do that. Clearly, Sean can't.

Archived