GH: December 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

You need to work on stating your beliefs with more clarity. wink.pnglaugh.png

Honestly, it makes me sad to see RC get all of this attention. It just highlights how far the genre has fallen and how little there is left to celebrate or discuss. IMO, Carlivati is the Danielle Steele of soaps. Not so much devoid of creativity as just unremarkable and good with his limited niche. He has his brand of storytelling and given where the genre ishe'll be allowed to keep doing it for as long as he wants.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think they both suck, but I think Guza had more highs in his tenures, more consistency, and while he dismantled a lot of what made the show in the first place, his new vision of it ran strong, for me at least, for a little while.

Ultimately, yes Guza became downright lazy, predictable, and tired..but at his height he blows RC out of the water.

RC started out very strong, but not even hallway through, he just gave out.

• Members

I completely agree! And in my opinion RC is very predictable. For example,I knew that "Duke" couldn't have been Duke and when it was the supposed water crisis,I thought it'd be way better then what it turned out to be. Also all the killings or secrets or Heather baby switches,all not adding up to a grand finale. In other words,his "catastrophes" were huge dissapointments and that when it comes to standards,keep them low on RC's watch. Let's hope 2013 brings us better everything...

• Members

Because Higley's OLTL was worse. Pretty much what I said. Ron's biggest asset as a writer has been that he follows even crappier writers. By the time he shows up with his camp and throwaway history mentions, the audience is basically made up of victims of Battered Soap Viewer Syndrome who are just happy to have a writer who doesn't punch them in the face and throw them down the stairs anymore.

But again, he doesn't deserve all this discussion. He's a mediocre writer who, if the genre was healthier, would rightfully toil in relative obscurity with a small devoted fanbase and no real effect on anything.

Archived