GH: December 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

Must we bring Todd and Tea into every conversation? (Just kidding, marceline. You know I love and agree with you 100 percent.)

Let's put it this way: whether it's OLTL or GH, Ronnie C. makes Leah Laiman's solo HW'ing stint at DAYS look...smart.

I wouldn't say it's a lie, Eric. But again, it's hard to say Higley's OLTL was better than Ronnie C.'s, or vice-versa, because they were both so damn awful.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tell me why you feel this way, please? I thought the scenes were really good. LW and CD work really well as mother and son - very good chem (and aren't you happy we didn't have to see Pluto dry-humping Michael). However, the writing for Michael is really bugging me. I want to be upset with him, but I can't because it's not the character's fault the writing is failing him. Michael's words to Carly didn't bug me so much as he's always let her have it worse than Sonny (sexist jackass) and Carly can be very overbearing. My problem with Michael is his treatment of Sonny. This does not jive with what we've seen over the years. Michael will protect Sonny above all else. Being curious about AJ is one thing, but tossing his parents aside [so quickly] makes no sense.

I do believe while watching "The Battle For Michael", we will have to operate off of the potential of the story. This will get us thru the suckage/writing.

Shirtless Patrick and Michael? Two of the scrawniest dudes on Daytime. Give me Shawn and Jason. I'm gonna be so happy when Chad Duell starts hitting the gym. I swear that dude just looks liike a carton of milk to me.

• Members

Ha! I didn't event think about Todd/Tea. That's another example of how I think Todd Manning was one of the worst things that ever happened to the genre.

For all the Best/Worst lists we've seen, I'd be intrigued to see what people thought were the most damaging things to happen to the genre. I know it would be a lot of fanbase stuff and I'd even be guilty of some myself but I think there are things that have happened on various shows or behind the scenes that not only damaged the individual shows but the genre as a whole. I count Todd as one of those things even as I admit to loving that character at various times. One of my biggest regrets as a soap fan is how much I helped turn Todd Manning into a hero.

• Members

For me, The Right Cross Heard 'Round the World was the ultimate deal-breaker. Forget the gang rape and everything that came after; any soap that dares to 1) keep such a bastard on-screen even for five seconds after he hits a woman and 2) continue perpetuating the stupid notion of him as some tortured, romantic anti-hero has whatever misfortune that comes to it...including cancellation. wink.png

Archived