GH: December 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Obnoxious? He was the opposite of obnoxious in his one episode appearance so far. He was cheery, happy and helpful. How does that equate to being obnoxious? Someone like Britt, Tracy or Todd as you mentioned is obnoxious. Felix was hardly spreading misery and being unpleasant

• Members

Here's the deal: I, too, am an openly gay, Black man. No, I don't carry lipstick in my pocket, and I don't give insta-makeovers either. But that's because it isn't in my personality or nature to do so. I couldn't fault someone like Felix because it's in his nature anymore than he could fault me for it not being in mine. As R Sinclair said, there are levels and there are layers.

I say, let the damn story play itself out. Who knows? Perhaps Felix has a partner who's the butchiest butch who ever butched, but who loves and adores Felix because he knows him beyond the makeup tips and queeny dialogue. Perhaps, through his eyes, we, too, will be allowed to see those different sides to his personality. However, if time proves the naysayers correct, and Felix is nothing more than a collection of the most negative assumptions about gay men in general and gay Black men in particular...well...we know what to do, don't we?

• Members

Frankly, I'm more concerned that Ronnie C. had any character, let alone Felix, pull out a tube of lipstick as some sort of foreshadowing for

. To me, that's just bad storytelling, with and without the added controversy.

Archived