GH: December 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

The only way I could see "Sablo" happening is if Sabrina had a "secret admirer" she suspects is Patrick but who turns out (at the Nurses' Ball) to be Milo. And even then, I'd fall dead from laughing so damn hard.

And I wouldn't call them "Sablo" either. Their portmanteau would have to be Sabrina and Milo, or Sami. wink.png

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You guys are going to have to start a weekly thread again. Lots of discussion. I think Ron is the worst writer in the history of soap. And that's saying a lot. He's worse than Dena Higley and equally perverse. He loves the genre and he loves his work. But he writes crap. I think it will start to show up as viewers figure out he's just teasing after tease and he never delivers anything.

Everything is based on the promise of where the story "could go" but it never really goes anywhere except into another tease. Every story is prolonged beyond it's expiration date and there really haven't been any conclusions to stories on GH, but I believe when there finally is one, it will prove unsatifying and anticlimatic.

• Members

Catching up. Did anyone else go ;-O at this line by Helena to Robert?

Helena: "You just want him (Faison) back"

Robert: "Why would I want that?"

Helena: "Because it's the only way you can win. When your standing next to a leftover from the Cold War with a Dutch boy haircut, you don't look so bad." I mean wow laugh.png

• Members

Guza and Pratt "tried" - they decimated GH because of how hard they tried. I can say I prefer Carlivati's GH, because I probably do - other than his ruination of Anna, his shockingly poor new characters, his pointless non-stories (why did Connie need a child? Tomas/Alcazar...why?), his rape fetish and his ignorance of history - but I can't say that he's all good and the others were all bad. That's often what people seem to end up saying.

I see them as variations on a theme, both wildly praised for anything they write. Guza got the exact same GH IS BACK!!! hysteria in the 90s. Exactly the same. The handstands the soap press and many fans do over Carlivati are the same as fans and the soap press did over Guza as he tore GH apart in the late 90s.

• Members

I think RC is just okay. He's hit or miss and seems incapable of introducing compelling new characters, but he's done a lot of good to GH as well. I honestly preferred Guza's 90's GH hands down, but he was handed a show in much better creative shape when he took over. I also think his success in the 90's created the disaster that was the latter half of the 2000's. Too much power, too much praise, too much reliance on past success, too much focus on a handful of characters, too much belief in his own hype, too much time stalking Vanessa Marcil and so on. It made him very lazy. Guza had an embarassment of riches that CL left him (Ned/Lois, the beginnings of both Jason/Robin and the quad of Sonny, Brenda, Jax, and Lily, early Carly, a blank slate with Jason Morgan, Luke and Laura, Lucy, Bobbie/Tony etc) Guza did well with what he was given, but I don't think it's fair to compare him to Ron. RC/FV took a show that was on the brink on cancellation and helped ratings and gave it buzz. That's all GH can really ask for. I am not really buying RC's superior talent, but I can't argue with his results.

Archived