GH: December 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought the scene Maxie had with Felicia the other week about not being able to let go of a baby she carried for 9 months was foreshadowing whats to come. If Maxie learns the baby is hers biologically, would she be able to just give up her child to her best friend to raise after the abandonment issues she's had with her own bio-parents? The story has potential to be good but its likely they will screw it up.

• Members

CH, with all due respect, it's no more juvenile than the anti-Cartini sentiment that some have been beating other posters over the head with in GH-related threads since the start of their tenure. (Most of) you guys made it crystal clear that sarcasm and bitchery is fine when it falls in line with SON groupthink, but let someone dare to express the opposite and it's as if it is an affront to folks' soap-watching sensibilities.

Furthermore, (most of) you all aren't satisfied on soaking in your Cartini hate among yourselves alone, as (most of) you are damn determined to piss in the cornflakes of those that do enjoy Cartini-helmed GH so that we can be as miserable as you all are. To that, I say, screw that - especially since I had to endure over a decade of Guzafied fuckery while Guza fans ate his show-skilling crap up with a spoon. Any response to anti-Guza sentiment ranged from banal ("It's just a soap") to smug ("If you don't like it, leave"), so now that the shoe is on the other foot, I have zero problem in having little-to-no regard for those who are put out by the direction that GH has taken in the last 10 months.

You're absolutely right that my support of Cartini is due to my hatred for the horrid regime of Guza/Frons/JFP. Would I be as strident in my support if they followed a team that was superior in every way? No. To sum this up, my Cartini stanning is less about any undying love for them (as well as their previous soap) and more about my long-standing bitterness towards the Guza/Frons/JFP for destroying a soap opera that I once loved beyond repair (even in the face of the much-needed improvements that Cartini have made, they still have a long way to go before they completely convince me to respect and love this show again).

• Members

I just don't think this is a story for 2 twenty somethings, especially when the 3 people involved are Loo Loo, Dante and Maxie. So many beats were skipped in regards to Loo Loo to get her here. Maxie? There is nothing that can be written to prepare Maxie for this story, and KS? Yikes. I don't see one ingredient here to make this a good story. Then add in the homely ass Spinelli? Yeah, ok.

• Members
I think Lulu and Dante are the only things right about the story as the writing for them has been very well. Maxie's history with her parents is something that could be a good plot point to utilize for her. The problems start and begin with Maxie and Spinelli though. KS isnt that strong an actress for what should be an emotionally heavy story and they've ignored the character's health issues to even go forward with it.Well they addressed it in a very lame throwaway line but this isnt something she should be doing. Spinelli....no words for him. It would be better if someone else was Lulu's surrogate but I cant think of any other character on the canvas that would have worked.

• Members

+1 +1 +1

I am for the most part loving Carlivati's tenure. He has gave us good stories with our vets and wrote characters true to their character. 90% of the audience watches the show for entertainment. My grandma watches for entertainment. Most people don't realize someone being written out of character or a bad story. They watch because they love the shows. For whatever reason we have negative people who want to complain about every little thing from something a character was wearing to the theme song and everything in between. It's really ridiculous. I love this board but most people on here are that 10% who aren't general soap watchers they are more like critics. Why can't we just be happy for once? And what did Frank and Ron do to make a lot of people on here hate them?

Archived