GH: December 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hated that but at least she was born on this show and someone the GH viewing audience is familiar with. Unlike Starr. GHers did not see her grow up onscreen, not all of them watched her parents over the years, and there is no reason she should be made the center of the younger crowd and pimped as if she's the soap god's gift to young men.

• Members

Zing!

To imply that Krustina is being made to look bad in order to prop Starr - who, for the record, was propped far more on her original soap than she's ever been on GH - is laughable to those who knew her as the rancid turdlet that got away with accusing Ethan (who I never had any use for) of beating her and leaving her for dead because he hadn't reciprocated her feelings. Last I checked, that occurred long before Starr becoming a permanent resident of Port Charles was a thought.

• Members

Look, it's no secret I am not a fan of Ronnie C.'s work. I didn't like his work on ONE LIFE TO LIVE, and I damn sure don't like his work now. But if the guy has a vision of what he wants GH to be, then he should do whatever he can to bring the show as close to that vision as possible, and eff those who, like myself, ain't liking it. And if he can't do that? Then just step down and let the next miserable hack have his chance. Because I am so tired of his pitiful victim routine.

• Members

Well, I agree with this. It's one thing to listen to what the fans are saying, but another to conversate with them and tell them they are wrong on twitter. It comes off very insecure. And the one thing about Guza and Reily is that they didn't give a [!@#$%^&*] about what others thought. They thought their vision was the right vision. Ron seems to think his vision is right as well but he needs everyone in the world to agree. He should spend more time on his work and less time trolling social media and baiting fans. It comes off juvenile and obnoxious.

• Members

Perhaps, but I do know the danger of reading and believing one's press. Folks bent themselves over backward to tell Ronnie C. and Frankie V. how great their vision for OLTL was, when really, we were just happy to be out of Dena Higley's reign of terror.

Now, I'm not suggesting those who are enjoying GH these days have poor tastes. If you're watching and you like what you're watching, then fantastic. But bear in mind: we're down to four soaps now, and even those are treading on very thin ice. Ergo, we're in a period of closing proverbial ranks, when most everyone, both supporters and detractors, are becoming very, very desperate. If the troops are rallying more vocally than they used to, it's because they know the true soapocalypse is imminent; and if those who dislike what writers such as Ronnie C. are giving them are expressing themselves more stridently, it's because they need to make one, final stand before it all gets obliterated.

Archived