GH: December 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

For some, I think, the problem is less that Felix is as he is (meaning, effeminate) and more that he was a poor choice to be the first, and thus far, only African-American homosexual male on soaps. (No, the dude who slept with Vincent/Valerie on PASSIONS doesn't count. Nor does V/V, really. I don't think. God, that story was so effed up.) If GH, or any other soap, had introduced a Black gay male who wasn't as effeminate, at the very least, those who are detracting from Felix's appearances on the grounds that it isn't a fair representation either of AA's or of gays might not have the leg to stand upon.

Still don't get it.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He may be slightly stereotypical and OTT, but I know gay men like this. I also have great male friends that are gay that are the complete opposite. Just like a female character can't represent all women, one gay character can't represent an entire community. Until there are more gays on soaps I don't think it's fair to label him as a only a stereotype. He literally represents the entire gay community on GH and that is the real problem. If there were more gay characters we wouldn't be so critical of the only one we have. He seems like a likable character with a good personality and that is more than I can say about any of RC's other creations on GH. I am certainly not praising RC for this as he could have toned down certain aspects of the character, but it's certainly not the most offensive thing he has done in his tenure.

• Members

Hmmm, I don't mind AJ doing what he did. He has never been a goody two shoes, so him doing something like that does not bother me. It wasn't like he was lying though. And Sonny, if AJ is a dirtbag what does that make you? I can't stand his ass always trying to bring up AJ's bad deeds like his ass has never done anything wrong or that he has never directly hurt his children.

• Members

Faison is crazy. Yeah make her hate. I dont get how he plans on being intimate with her. Not even trying to win her over as himself.

Finola's acting was amazing. Oustanding Lead Actress right there

My god Sonny is arrogant. Team AJ! God I hate Shawn now that he's working for Sonny

Felix was so over the top and extra with his demands.

Archived