Larry Hagman Passed Away

Marco Dane

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WOW. This is devastating news. More than "just" a Primetime soap actor, this man defined the 80s and seemed to embody Texas as a whole with his JR character. An icon. And, by all accounts, a generous, kind friend and fundraiser.

• Members

This is incredibly sad. I'm at a loss for words. The man was brilliant. JR was an incredible character. I know in a sense I shouldn't be shocked but dammit, I'm stunned he's gone. He had to have been thrilled to revisit JR and I'm glad he went out on top, starring as his most famous role, gaining new fans and who, at his age, can really say they had a comeback? He's amazing and will be so missed. Damn.

• Members
They both told her to pack some things and she went to live with them. Once she was ready to go home, they still went weith her and told her that she will always have a place to stay and a family that's love her no matter what.

One of the many things you just don't hear about Hollywood celebs today. A truly special man.

• Members

Larry, Linda Gray, Patrick Duffy, Charlene Tilton, Barbara Eden, & Bill Daily did an autograph show together in NJ a few years back. They were all in one room together, and Larry wasn't feeling very well that weekend. Linda kept a close eye on Larry and was constantly running over to him asking if he needed anything, and overall, just being with him.

• Members

Yes, it's really sad about his wife. For the UK launch of the show just a couple months ago, they did a tour of his new apartment. He didn't need the house anymore since it was just him. He was so positive and in the two episodes I was an extra on, EVERYBODY was talking about Larry! No matter how old or young that is the one actor that grabbed everybody's attention. You wouldn't believe that man was sick. He was so full of life and always cracking jokes and giving great performances.

I wonder with his wife having Alzheimers if they will tell her that he passed away. I'm not sure how that works.

• Members

my grandma had dementia, and when her youngest son passed away we didn't tell her, they were afraid it would send her into too much of a depression, but we always had the feeling she knew cause of how close she was with her kids

If her mind is completely gone cause of the alzheimer's, they might not tell her

• Members

Thanks for that info. His wife is under 24 hour care in a facility so I doubt they will tell her based on what you're saying. Another sad element. I will say, Larry Hagman made the most of his 81 years. Probably why this is so hard on people, because he was so well liked.

• Members

Another thing that might be a problem is that JR has two children off screen who should be involved in this story. His younger child would be around 21 right now, plus you have James who has an established relationship with John Ross and JR. When it comes to reading his will these people would need to be mentioned.

Archived