Y&R: November 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

The entire writing team doesn't need an overhaul, they need a new HW plain and simple. JG doesn't need or deserve a Co-HW because he is no good himself. They just need a new HW. I do think JG could be a valuble member to a writing team, but he's not HW material. Maybe he would work better exclusively as a Executive Producer.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is what bugs me about the new regime, there seems to be too much heavy focus on a select few characters. I personally find Nick and Avery pairing just irritating(considering she's Phyllis' sister), but somehow its being forced down the viewers throats at how great they look together, and how wonderful she cooks. None of these current stories are even interesting at the moment. So its time for TPTB to work on balancing its cast, and work on some real storytelling. I'm sick of looking at these predictable s/ls, and the same few people.

• Members

Dunno if it is just my utmost hatred for the Nick&Phyllis pairing and all those years we were forced to sit through that sh*tty romance of videogames and couch romps. So it could be that I just like the big f*ck u to their fans but I find the pairing of Nick & Avery compelling and interesting to watch. Jessica Collins is great and reminds of the young Sharon before she was thrown under the bus. That said, I also like the writing for Sharon Case under Griffith.

Yet, the show feels pretty boring as it is the genereal consensus. It doesn't matter at all if you miss a few days, as there is no long term story...

• Members

Jack Smith and/or Kay Alden coming back to HW this show would be a dream come true for me. And Charles Shaughnessy as EP? Can't say I am bowled over by all of JFP's production at the moment. BTW, she needs to burn FauxToria and Billy's awful sofa. And Adam & Chelsea's haunted house.

Archived