Y&R: November 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

JFP + McTavish = [!@#$%^&*] disaster. Need I remind everybody that they co-wrote GH in the late 90s and we got... Angel Boris.

I don't get why Sony are so hot for Y&R to be like an ABC show. It's staffed with ABC peeps, ABC former actors and has a decidedly ABC production-feel to it. Y&R was a top-watched soap for so long because it was different from the others, looked different, felt different, had different priorities, told different stories. If the best they can do is to pull Guza or Michael Malone or McTavish out of a hat to write this show then Y&R (and by extension B&B ) is doomed.

Y&R needs a kick up its ass, like what GH got when Garin Wolf was fired, OLTL and AMC were cancelled, and the show realized it was all-or-nothing time. I thought Y&R had it's Come to Jesus moment when MAB was fired but clearly not.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It ain't Shakespeare (or GH's glory years) but at least they are doing something, and working overtime to create cliffhangers and stories. Some of it is a hot campy mess but whatever. I can't fault the dedication involved. With Y&R there is nothing. It is the same old same old. Like, the Fen/Summer story is really the only one that stands out -- and that's because the actors are brand spanking new. It's certainly not for the tight dialogue, complex psychology or well-written characterization that should be (but is no longer) Y&R's hallmark.

• Members

Frankly, I can't either. I'm not saying Frankie and Ronnie have bowled me over with their take on GH, but you're right, Cat: at least they're trying. Josh Griffith doesn't seem to be trying -- or worse, he's trying, and he thinks this is compelling the hell out of everyone to watch.

Archived