GH: September 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

I haven't seen it yet, so take my comments with a grain of salt but...

"Oh, ____ has a secret past with ____ and that explains why they've done what they've done!" is sort of a staple of soaps. I mean god knows they've done it hundreds of times on all the soaps.

Now, granted, some writers do it better than others. But, I digress.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The "story" does even less for me. Convoluted trash is all! But this is Cartooni's way of addressing the "The show has become OLTL". They can now say "look at the current story featuring all of the GH characters". Matters not that it's rotgut! How soon before we get back to The Chronicles of Todd Manning?

BTW, was yesterday a new eppy? How are we on page 2 already?

• Members

It could NOT be more evident that those two idiots care nothing for GH. The show, overall, is a disjointed mess because there is no concern for GH, it's just a necessary evil - much like the audience.

They have not tried once to fit the unnecessary OL characters to GH. Instead, they have tried to re-work GH to fit the OL characters. GH is just a vehicle to keep OL aliive any way possible. Ugh!

Back away from the keyboard, Andrea...

• Members

Yeah, I'm going to guess that Ron wasn't the only reason Carly and Shawn didn't happen. LMAO at the constant and blatant ignoring of the fact that Laura Wright all but said she didn't want that [!@#$%^&*]. Plus Sean Blakemore was off filming a movie or whatever he was doing (and he's nice to look at but pretty wooden from what I've seen). Cujo is the kiss of death to any male character so if you want the man to stay alive or remain on the show - I suggest you root against her being paired with him (AJ, Tony, Lorenzo, Jax, Johnny-soon I'm sure.

But yes, NLG's hair does in fact suck and has since 2000.

Olivia and Shawn might work...err, that is, if anybody starts to suddenly care about Olivia pairings (has anything worked with her character since she's been on the show). I remember some people liking her and Johnny.

On another note, I watched some episodes this week and I can't believe of all the stories to revisit, RC thought it was a good idea to revisit the remedial ass Dead Man's Hand story. It was a stupid, dull flop the first go round and even worse this time around. Grown men believing their entire future, and that of their families, lies in a freaking deck of cards. A lot of the pain of the story the first time around came from the fact that Sam and Jax sucked together but were promo'd and pushed to holy hell, but still, the entire premise of DMH is nonsensical.

• Members

You still have not backed that statement. I don't know what goes on inside someone's head, so I can't say what LW wanted or not. I can only go by her onscreen execution and her tweets which were the opposite of what you are saying. JFP practically hand picked LW and Laura was also a Fruza pet. If she didn't like the almost pairing, why did it last a year under JFP? After all, it was LW who suggested CarJax, and they moved it full steam ahead after that. She didnt ask for CarJax or demand, she only suggested, so when I hear she's a diva, I'm a bit confused. When a fan told LW on Twitter that she would not watch Sharly because she was old school, LW challenged her to say what she meant. The fan left it alone, and it was for the best.

Cartooni came in and took a sledgehammer to Sharly, and LW took alot of heat for that. But again, before the OL invasion, if this woman had any behind the scenes juice as many suggest, why were Shawn and Carly given a really good story that lasted a year?!

And yeah, NLG's hair is downright hideous!

• Members

Let me clarify, when Shawn and Carly started she was completely pimping Carly and Jax every way she could. Every question about Shawn/Carly was met with an answer about how great Carly and Jax were. Do I think she refused to do the story? No. I think she did what she was told, but I don't think she liked it. No I don't think it had anything to do with him being black, I think it had to do with the fact that LW sees herself as a lead actress and knew damn well that Shawn would not ever be a leading man on GH, and LW thinks she deserves a true leading man (hence why she's peeing her pants about Todd/Carly).

As far as LW being a diva, I didn't say it, but yes I think she is one. Look, I don't like the woman as an actress and I've met her several times and didn't like her then either, and really didn't like her antics on GL or some of them on GH, but never did I imply that she didn't do her job. I didn't actually see Shawn and Carly so I don't know how she played their scenes but given her lack of enthusiasm over the pairing (IMO) I think it's highly likely she "suggested" they move her out of it. That's how she operates *shrug* Even in one of those ABC chats she gave a list of the men she wanted Carly paired with and Shawn wasn't on it and this was before they were even really over.

• Members

My apologies because I should have left the diva thing out of my post because it was not related to you but something you had written.

I will just end with I've seen several interviews where she is asked who she'd like to work with, and she said TC, JT and Ingo. Those are her preferences. I can't fault anyone for their preference. She didn't say Mo or SBu, or Brandon in those interviews either, so what's the big deal. I don't need anyone to absolutely love who they work with, but I also don't need to know who they hate. Just give me what I need onscreen.

• Members

Fair enough. I just think it's not out of the realm of possibility at all based on LW's history and some of her comments that she didn't think Shawn was enough of a leading man for Carly (that he was just a supporting player) and thus suggested/wanted another pairing for Carly or that wasn't a part of the reason why they ended. Again, I never got the impression that it had anything to do with the fact that Shawn/Sean is black. But you're right in that all that mattered is she did her job and since I didn't watch Shawn/Carly I have no idea if she did or didn't.

On another note, as much as I appreciate any Lucy Coe mention on the show RC, she never ran a magazine. She ran ELQ (briefly), Deception, and Jacks Cosmetics - not a magazine.

Archived