Brenda Dickson getting ready to drop some bombs

• Members

Yeah the poster was released just after Brenda left the show in 1980. so she would have been around 30. I don't deny there may be some truth to this (though I am sure more delusion than truth), Jeanne has been Brenda's friend for almost 40 years and doesn't deny Brenda is a drama queen. During the E! True Hollywood Story I thought Brenda was telling half truths and just convinced herself that what she was saying was true.

There is no doubt she was sick during her second run, but there were plenty of reports of her diva behaviour during that time too. Something I am sure she chooses not to remember. I do believe Bell had her blacklisted. Whatever you think of her, she was extremely popular during her second stint and would have been considered a hot property, no reason she couldn't have worked after Y&R, even if she was the craziest bitch in town. If she could bring in ratings (and she could), someone must have wanted her. Which makes one wonder why he would do such a thing. Just fire someone and be done with it.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Again, not that BD's claims against Papa Bell are 100% accurate, but...depending on which soap(s) might have been interested in her, and especially if any of them aired opposite Y&R, luring her there and away from the Bell fold might have had an adverse effect on Y&R's ratings. But that's just a theory.

Archived