Brenda Dickson getting ready to drop some bombs

• Members

Haha that's how old I am now tongue.png .

I never saw a full episode, but I remember when it premiered and how much publicity it got (this was when the E!THS was basically crack in TV form for me, so I saw them a lot). I remember Bobby Trendy, though. Whatever happened to him (or Sugar Pie, for that matter)?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know, Jeanne has made some comments in an interview yesterday or today that gives some credence to Brenda's case. Jeanne purposely didn't write much detail about any Brenda on set drama, saying "That's for their books", and now we know theyv'e been talking on the phone, we can pretty much be assured that Jeanne left all of that out so she didn't steal any of Brenda's thunder in her book.

• Members

It's hard to believe anything she says. For example, on her website, she has this to say of that poster of her with the blue background and red swimsuit:

"I was 23 when this poster was shot and sold. Just 2 years earlier, Bill Bell got his hooks in me and would never let go. I was a pawn in a power chess game between the producers of the show."

Brenda was 23 in 1972, which was a year before Y&R premiered, yet she states that Bill Bell got his hooks in her two years before that. And no way was she 23 when that poster was shot. I remember that coming out in the 80's.

• Members

In that Latest interview, Jeanne is sticking up for her quite a bit. I think most likely what is going on is there is some truth to her accusations, but she's exaggerating everything and making a few things up for dramatic effect. So what's true and what ain't? That's hard to know.

• Members

That's presuming Jeanne Cooper is herself a grounded person. For all we know, she might be as crazy as BD (AS WELL AS A TON OF OTHER FOLKS BOTH MALE AND FEMALE WORKING IN DAYTIME!!!) but she just does a better job of covering.

• Members

I just had the chance to catch-up. I was reading posts from newest to oldest - I checked out her site and THAT was the quote I was going to copy and paste. Forget the Mafia stuff! This is one for the ages. I would LOVE for the new writers have "Jill" (JW) say something like that to Kay. As much as I love JW's portrayal of Jill (she is a true actor), BD was one of the primary reasons I got hooked on Y&R during the 80s - especially when she would wear a "Dynasty-like" evening gown to the Jabot offices on a workday. Only she could pull it off! (Off to youtube to find some of those!) LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcDQUU8mFQ0

Archived