Brenda Dickson getting ready to drop some bombs

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh you just know this would be a BLAST to read. It would be a simply fantastic read.

It's just... amazing that she is so *serious* about all this. She could've really cashed in on those Welcome to my Home parodies and came out of obscurity. Instead, she went the complete opposite direction.

To watch her as the star of her own reality show would be simply spellbinding.

So glad I saved all those Welcome to My Home videos (the real one and all the parodies) from YouTube before they were yanked.

• Members

I wonder if she has, like, friends. You know, people who would be featured on the show with her. I'm just imagining some devoted meek, mousy maid/fan club treasurer or something. It would be fun to see her do lunch with Cooper and Conboy, even Rowell, to dish the biz. Hmph, yet another golden opportunity missed by SoapNet...

• Members

Well, I can tell you that I USED to be facebook friends with Brenda's fan club president from the 70's... he was just late teens, early twenties then... but now, he's turned into this creepy, morbidly obese man that openly propositions 16 year old boys on facebook. I dumped him like a hot potato. I think even Brenda was like "Oh, yes, I remember you!" and thinking "I thought I got rid of this nut years ago!" Her facebook page was a sight to behold. She'd delete anything she didn't like at the moment, youtube clips in which she didn't have enough makeup on, pictures where she didn't like her hair, you name it. And she always spelled it "Delited". I will tell you, she sounds realtively lucid, yet eccentric on the phone, but on the written page, she does NOT come off well.

• Members

Interesting! And gross re: the ex-fan club prez. Yikes. She needs more than an E! True Hollywood story, she needs to sit down on a couch for an hour with Linda Dano. I wish SoapNet had something a little more Inside the Actors Studio-ish with Dano's Oprah touch.

So is she saying that she lost her infamous L.A. condo in Century City? I saw the video of her being evicted from the house in Hawaii. She said that Bell was inspired by her lifestyle when he came to visit her at the condo and borrowed that style of L.A. living for B&B. She said a picture of her building was in the old B&B opening.

• Members

Could you imagine Linda Dano with an Inside The Soap Actor's Studio?! That would be amazing. Linda's amazing handy, empathetic, deep discussion with daytime's grand and outrageous? Amazing.

Brenda's original condo in Century City was sold in her divorce, the proceeds went into community property that was then to be divided according to the terms of their divorce settlement. Now, that settlement sounded like it really got messed up royally and Brenda ended up going to jail for contempt of court because she wouldn't move out...which was then ruled to be judicially incorrect and Brenda was awarded hundred of thousands in excess for it. Who knows what's going on with Brenda's settlement now.

But I can say this, Brenda is still living in Century City. She's living in her late mother's condo that she assumed ownership of after she died so she isn't homeless.

• Members

Thanks DF! She really is living out a real-life soap opera, as cliche as it sounds. I'm glad that she undoubtedly helped her mom get that condo which now provides a roof over her own head. Take care of your parents. They will continue to take care of you. Now I'm thinking about Candy Spelling in her jaw-dropping Century City penthouse and Brenda and all of the drama those condos contain.

Archived