GH: August 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sam said John is sticking around to deal with his legal issues. Huh? WTF would he stay in PC near the woman he got caught kissing with her mother as the lawyer instead of fighting to get back in his son's life back in Llanview where they all live? WTF wouldnt he hire Tea as his lawyer to deal with this? This being whats keeping him on GH is complete bull and makes no sense

kaZmv.png

Dare I say, Kate looked good? Her hair is usually a mess but it was quite good

• Members

Her hair was good, but I still hate the "Kate" makeup they use on Kelly Sullivan. I get she's 10 years younger than her character and is supposed to look older, however, it makes her look tired -- not older. It reminds me of what they used to do on All My Children when Kelli Giddish was playing Di playing Dixie. They had to paint her up so much to make her look old enough to be JR's mother, even though in real life, she was seven months younger than Jacob Young.

• Members

Ita I dont' really give a damn that they are mobsters in fact I want them to be written as the criminals they are but the story has always been about their enemies of the months and that always annoye dme and nothing has changed except now RC is writing them as good men(well at leats Sonny) even moreso than Guza.

• Members

The problem that GH experienced for years is that they tried to have it both ways by making Sonny and Jason heroes but also in the same breath making them criminals. What further aggravated this was instead of justifying their mob placement the writers got lazy and just had other characters tell the audience that what they did was right, which made the entire show a near farce because you had women, love interests, children and police detectives parading around about the great Sonny and Jason, when it was a fact that they sold drugs, fronted stripclubs and killed people for a living. For the most part I actually don't mind the separation from the mob. Sonny and Jason are for the first time that I can remember being used in an actual supporting capacity to other people and they aren't front and center every damn day, which is something I am incredibly grateful for and is something I will go to bat for Cartini on. He finally dethroned the terrible trio from the airtime counts. Snaggletooth is also in the background, which I love. It's really the best thing for them as it makes all three of them more bearable. I don't mind watching Sam, Kate, Johnny and Kristina lead story. The truth is as long as those characters are used more sparingly and more smartly they could be revitalized as characters and be enjoyable again instead of just being cancers to the show that they were for such a long time.

Archived