GH: August 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

Add my voluptuous black ass to this!

Patrick develops a drug addiction and decides to go to detox OFFSCREEN!

Liz and Ewwwwan develop a deep meaningful relationship OFFSCREEN!

Robin dies and we see nothing pertaining to that for 9 business days!

What's Anna been up to since pointing a gun at a detained loon coercing a confession?!

TG must be off so there is no need for any Q!

Yet we get to see every painstaking detail of Pluto's loss and Todd, we want to take time out to have him take a love test so that we can prove to the audience he and Carly are compatible, a character who's been put on doofus ice until they can figure out if they are going to pair her with Todd or not.

So oversaturation of characters is ok as long as it's not Sonny, Jason or Carly! Again, GMAFB!

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From what I've seen, Lindsey isn't that bad of an actress. She has an irritating facial expression that she makes a lot, like a weird crooked pout. But her recent bonding scenes with Sonny and Sam were solid.

I actually enjoy Trey and I think the actor is decent. *shrug*

• Members

I think EV is a decent actor, as well. He can play the snark with Starr. He can play the love interest with Kristina. He can play the vulnerable little boy with Joe Jr...

HOWEVER... I don't find him "hot" at all. I'm not saying he's unattractive. I'm just saying this "hunk" thing FVRC was trying to stuff him in early on was just... not working.

I agree so much! Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled that we're not drowning in MB, SB, LW episode counts of 15+, however, we still don't see ANY of the other characters pre-Invasion, either.

Mac and Felicia are back together? That's GREAT but... why haven't we seen them?

Jason's marriage is crumbling? Where the hell is Monica -- Inappropriate version or otherwise?

We all know how I feel about LW and her horrendous portrayal of Carly... but even I feel slightly embarrassed for both the actress and character that Carly's being written to be the dumbest broad ever right now. Since when is she Miss Happy Go-Sunshine, seeing love and hearts and rainbows everywhere, wanting everyone around her to be happy, including her newest best friend in all the world, Todd?

Liz is gone during the whole Heather drama, then springs back up when it's time to drop anvils about Ewen being under Jerry's thumb?

Shawn and Alexis start and then suddenly he disappears again and she's thrust into McBain/Jerry Jacks drama? What... is Blakemore off "filming another movie?" <_<

The uneven starts and stops with these stories is hardly anything close to balance.

• Members

Simple - so you won't see the invasion of OLers coming through the back door.

I wish with every fiber of my being that OLTL was buried so much deeper than 6 feet because it would have been so much more difficult to dig up!

Nothing about GH says GH. Nothing! It looks cheap, and the characters are so horribly written, most unrecognizable. It is evident that they are being tweeked to fit the OLTL characters and it has gone horribly wrong thus far. I dont' see it getting better!

• Members

I don't see how LW could read those scripts and not break down and cry. Maurice as well. Sonny's a purse holding pu$$y right now, but I guess he needs to be near his nuts located in Kate's purse. Jason? Say what you will about him, but there is no way in hell Jason would turn his back on a child and suggest his raped wife give that kid up. Never would this have happened under a writer who gave 2 chits about GH. Jason has always taken care of children. ALWAYS! And to have Pigpen beat up for making time with his wife? Yeah ok!

Yes, this trio needed less airtime, but the character's direction need not destroy who they are.

• Members

If I watched regularly, I'm sure I'd like Trey (I enjoyed him in a scene I saw between him and Johnny, you know the eppy where Johnny was dressed like Roy Rogers and Fred Sanford's love child). But I lend absolutely no credence to this story because of one scene. Jr. tells Jr. Jr. it's too dangerous to go near Sonny, so stay away, BUT seduce his daughter so we can infiltrate? This is too important for an acronym - WHAT THE F.UCK!

• Members

Johnny's secrets coming out have started and stopped many times. They are stalling because they have no idea what to do next. Drag something like this out for so long and no one cares any longer - not sure who cares now.

If you ever watched Trassions, in the beginning, the audience could not wait to find out what was in TC's shed. This man was tortured by his past and his shed was off limits. Well, 5 YEARS LATER, the shed turned into a 5 car garage concealing the car that hit TC 20 years prior. Talk about let down, but after 5 years, it was going to be anti-climactic no matter what. This is the Johnny reveal. Carly's a doofus, and more people are added to this chit daily. It's simply not good, and to continue to drag it out (of course, we are waiting for a public outing), is absolutely insane!

Archived