GH: August 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To provide story for a few months? To be a villain? I mean what is the point of any character? Heather was great, the best thing about GH. It's a shame she is gone and I hope she returns. She managed in a few short months to send Jason and Sam in a new direction, to send Olivia in a new direction, to send Anna off looking for Robin, she kept Luke occupied, gave sorely needed focus to Steven Lars, and gave Todd three months worth of story. What more did you want from her?

• Members

Actually she did. Sam is in a new direction with new focus post Heather. She is not in the same position she was before she got mixxed up with her. Heather helped cement Todd's place on the show and that relationship did him wonders. People may not have liked how she was utilized; thats fine but she did provide story and "moved the plots" along. That was her purpose and she's been the best thing about GH this summer

• Members

What was better than her then? I didnt think you liked much about current GH anyways.

She was motivated by two things. Her obsession for Luke and her love/obsession for her son. Nearly everything she did ultimately tied into them and thats consistent with how her history

• Members

Ultimately, Heather was needed for nothing. Todd didn't need her help with the unnecessary baby switch. He's more than capable of separating a mother and child (first hand experience IIRC). Her obsession with Steven Lars? Who'd she spend more time with ? Todd or Steven Lars? Her obsession with Luke? Not even sure what to say here. Heather's time spent was to give Todd more airtime.

The baby switch? What baby? Todd did this to gain Tea's favor because he wronged her but cant resist making light of killing her husband, the reason he took the damn invisible kid anyhow? None of it makes sense.

The show doesn't need Heather for laughs. We now have Shecky, but unfortunately, this is not a comedy hour - or it wasn't meant to be.

Heather not being needed couldn't have been more evident than in yesterday's eppy. It was wrapped up all nice and neat in a matter of a few scenes. Todd somehow pieces together in a matter of a milisecond Maggie Worthless and Memphis? How brilliant! Not!

• Members

And while we are on the topic of the nonsensical:

Carly's rant to Jason about Sam not accepting Jason's lifestyle. Where in the sam hell did that come from? The destruction of JaSam had nothing to do with the mob. Carly tells Jason the first sign of trouble and Sam bolts when Sam has been a little obedient puppy for years? Carly also told Jason that Sam should have known that Jason would not abandon the kid - Sam was going by what her husband told her and he suggested she give the kid up (Totally OOC for Jason).

It was as if the writers were trying to show that feisty Carly is still with us and that she's not the collosal idiot we've witnessed under Cartooni, but the dialogue made no sense at all! How LW got that out with a straight face is totally beyond me.

Fine, Cartooni can be schlockmeisters all they want, but the day to day writing has to get better! It just has to!

The baby switch was about PigPen aka John McBain. Gotta give him a purpose!

• Members
Todd didn't switch the babies to gain favor with Tea. She assumed that the kid was hers and he couldn't being himself to tell her he died after the she blasted him for killing Victor earlier. He tried to tell her the truth at the hospital but Heather caught him which brings me to....

Heather was brought into the baby switch as a scapegoat for Todd. From the beginning the show made it clear that he didn't want to do this but fell into it with Hearher blackmailing and threatening him whenever he got sift and remorseful. When the truth comes out, I doubt he will pay as the wrote her as the villian in the story with Todd unwillingly being dragged along did the ride

• Members

Her obsession with Luke? That's the kicker. Heather was never obsessed with Luke. Luke barely crossed Heather's radar in the 80s. I can understand her love/obsession with her son but the Luke obsession is a joke. So Luke now has THREE women after him. I won't even mention Laura, Holly or Skye. Heather's obsession with Luke is a joke.

• Members

So Guza's rewrites are gospel? Why not fix Guza's rewrites? I don't get that. Why not spend less time on Sonny and Jason? Why not show Felicia and Mac more? Why not bring the Qs out of the vet closet? Why not make Ethan a Scorpio? See, FV and RC could have ignored all of Guza's destruction but instead they chose to follow his lead. I'll never understand that.

Archived