GH: August 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just saw Wednesdays show. Pretty good episode. I was really into the Olivia scenes at the hospital...Lisa Lo is fantastic!

Loved Sonny's boxing scenes with his 89th child. How come they couldn't let Trey get at least one punch in? LOL. I'm still enjoying him, a lot. Joe Scully Jr. isn't so bad either!

I'd LOVE if Johnny took over the Soleito fold! Reformed, laid back Johnny has been nice but I think it would be awesome if he went back to the mob icon1.gif

On to the bad. Talk about bad camera work. I cringed when I saw the camera sloppily zoom into Sam to get her reaction shot at the end of one of her scenes w/Kristina. It was a true sign of horrible planning and/or the new (ex-OLTL) cameraman catching Z's on the job and waking up too late to catch his mistake in time. AWF!

I started to fast forward the Todd/Starr scenes once they started going deep into their Llanview memories (like everyone watching was supposed to know WTH they were talking about)

• Members

They are both interchangeable to me. Dont have a prefrence either way. I dont get people loving Lilley while ragging on Kirsten having a squeaky both when they BOTH have the same mousy high pitch voice. Thats one thing that was kept consistent between recasts. JL's voice was equally as annoying as KS

I have to say RS has aged VERY well. I had issues with his casting when it was first announced as he is 53 and older than MB and KS as Sonny and Kate since the characters are all roughly supposed to be the same age. However he looks about 10 years younger and better than Maurice. I can buy him as 43ish

• Members

Is it crazy to say that I loved Kate's oufit today? Because I did--I loved the polka dot top with the tailored jacket over it.

Joss is super cute. She reminds me of Carly Schroeder (Serena) as a child.

Bye JL. Best of luck to you, darlin' sad.png.

I couldn't (respectfully!) disagree more with this. Blair grew up being shuttled from foster home to foster home, without EVER being officially adopted by a family before she became a adult. She sought out her biological family because of this, and after she learned why she had been given up (born as a product of rape--by a father she never even met--to a mother in a mental institution) formed a tight bond with most of existing family and the family she created over time. She had big dreams from the time that she was a child of going into a jewelry or make up business, and eventually did both (and started a magazine years later). Even though she did marry her first two husbands for their money, she started all her businesses up on her own. She is a survivor who lived to survive on her own.

Carly was given up by a teenage hooker, and was adopted by a loving family. Her adoptive father may have left early on, but her adoptive mother stayed with her, raised her, and loved her--and yet and grows up and negates all this just to figure out why her bio mom wouldn't raise her in a brothel? WTF? And has she EVER started her own business and truly supported herself (not counting as a way to worm herself in somewhere, like when she first came to town and went to nursing school to get close to Bobbie)? Okay, Blair first went to work at The Banner to get information on Dorian from Viki, I guess, but still...

Sorry, I just don't think Blair and Carly are quite as similar as they might seem to some at first glance. I still love y'all, I just wanted to say this for the record. I'm not trying to upset anyone here or anything. Peace out smile.png .

• Members

They may not have had the exact same childhood upbringing but the characters have had similar storylines, relationships, personalities, etc... Blair raised a little hellion in Starr and Carly raised one in Michael. Blair's married Todd multiple times and had this sick love/hate relationship; Carly's married Sonny multiple times with a similar love/hate relaionship. Blair's owned a cosmetics company and night club. Carly's owned a cosmetics company and night club. Blair has a history of being a major bitch and shrew; Carly has a history of being a major bitch and shrew. Both women used to be scheming trouble makers. On OLTL, Blair blindly fell for a man (well several of them) who were killers and lied behind her back, which is whats currently going on with Carly. RC mellowed Blair out to the point where she became a weaksauce version of her former self, portrayed as soft and nowhere near as volatile and fierce as she used to be. Since taking over, he's slowly done the same with Carly. Carly is a way to write for a Blair-like character without actually having the original around. Thats why she is a bootleg version, not an exact clone.

• Members

I only watched live one day this week and he is a terrible villian(possibly the worst villian on GH), just horrible and old Sonny should've/could've/would've taken his lame ass out by now. By purseholding whitewashed Sonny is busy entertaining his lame as because RC is trying to convince us Sonny/Jason/Johnny are no longer mobsters because he said so.

Archived