GH: Discussion for the Month of June

• Members

I disagree about Barash. He looks amazing. I saw him during his scenes with Starr and Lulu a week or so ago and he looked great. I don't really think the show looks bad to be honest sometimes it can look really horrible, but the show seems so much brighter then it has during the past few years. As to characters not being played out, I couldn't disagree more.

Robin's funeral was a complete miss fire so I can't say anything there. As to Sonny's trial and the repetitiveness of his storylines I think that's kind of my point. GH is in a holding pattern because they are hostages to Jarson. GH will never change as long as they are there, what we are seeing now is just the ugly side of their domination other shows had the same problem near the end (AMC was the same way with Slavery). As to Luke he is one of the last characters on GH who truly has any kind of connection to GH prior to the mob invasion, I think that alone kind of excuses him. It also gives an excuse to utilize past character which good or bad is a benefit as it gives us a brief escape from mob crap 24/7 with Heather, Anna and Tracy. I guess I would rather watch that then watch Sonny's 25th conquest, Jason with his box of pain and Carly and her mugging around town.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have watched GH since the late 70s and I have always loved Luke. But I can't stand this version. To me, it's the same as watching Sonny & Jason (who I used to love as well). I hate that we have to be grateful for crumbs of Luke having a storyline with Heather, Tracy and Anna. I'm embarrassed for these women. And why can't GH backburn Sonny, Jason and Carly? Is there a good reason why these three characters still need to be the central focus of this show? If it's money, I don't buy it. These three characters are still not bringing in the ratings. Do something different. Go back and see what worked in GH's past and follow that because what they're doing now is NOT WORKING!!

• Members

The thing is that I get the feeling our saviors are trying something slightly different with Sonny - a complete whitewash. In recent years Sonny had become very dirty and damaged, and this was supposed to be fine, because, hey, he's Sonny, he was abused, etc. Now he's trying to be a good father, trying to support Kate.

So that just makes the decision to have a trial which everyone knew the outcome of even more bizarre to me.

• Members

Oh my God Cheap, if you call that girl a non-factor one more time, I almost started to feel sorry for her. :lol: Last time I watched GH semi-regularly was around the time when Carly (Sarah Brown) first came to town, stealing Tony from up under Bobby and all that. What really stands out to me about LW's Carly is how abrasive she is, in the simplest, not at all called for situations. She just seems very hostile all the time which can be rather off-putting for the viewer.

• Members

Current Luke is hardly a representation of the GH of old. It seems like Geary's input has each writer trying something new with Luke but FATHERHOOD. They are trying to keep him hip and fresh, but in the process, he's coming off as a bum. It makes no sense for not 1 not 2, but 3 women are salivating over this loser, and one of them is the POLICE COMMISSIONER? Luke has simply been on the show the longest. Granted I don't watch much, but from what I've seen, these women look really foolish, that's if you choose to take it seriously. I have no desire to see Luke continue this way. It's time for Luke to take one of his long breaks. When he returns, Geary can collect another Emmy. Shameful to think that THIS Luke is any kind of representation of the greatness this show once was! He's an embarrassment!

• Members

Carly is not as prominent as Sam has been lately, but I think she's still a main character on the show. The Todd/Carly stuff, her being shoehorned into Sam's baby death, her very stupid relationship with Johnny. The character has no real reason for being now, but they are trying to write around this.

• Members

and in an odd way, Im fine with that. If they were going to go a more realistic route, she'd have a gaggle of alters popping out and frankly KS is a mess as it is. I dont think the show can handle her trying to take on any more roles

• Members

It really pains me to read this, but I can't even argue it. I have nothing to counter this. I can't even watch her, and I have loved LW's Carly more than so many things for so long! I'm going to step away and weep a bit. Please excuse me for a spell.

Archived