GH: Discussion for the Month of June

• Members

Well the problem with the dayplayers and the like is simply from the fact that GH has lost all of it's main stay characters over the years. I think the reason why Cartini is recycling storylines is because most of the cast has no real purpose, all of the characters are straw dogs that mean nothing ultimately to the show and thus they have become OLTL cariactures and puppets. But again I think that is largely because of the response that GH has lost it's foothold in terms of having interesting characters that were worth watching years ago. GH is in a rut because of the mob centrality which quite honestly is nothing new. The show is General Hospital is name only thus why you get no attention focused on the hospital, minimal focus on the police department unless it's in association with the mob and finally why you only get sporadic storylines outside of Carly, Sonny and Jason.

For all the side comments about Luke and this love triangle I have to admit that at least it's a deviation from Carly, Jason and Sonny. The only way things on this show could truly change is if they completely sacked those three characters and that's never going to happen.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been threw with her since she started crying crocodile tears over Jax's "demise" and then got all upset at Sonny for doing what he always did. Her acting brand new to everything when she knows how he operates was just ridiculous.

• Members

I'll take her stupid than her trying to act like she's smart and above everyone bc she knows it all. She doesnt get much focus, doesnt do anything and luckily isnt scheming. She's a non-factor and that makes her easier to take. At least they arent pushing her forward and having her all in our faces as has been done with her in the past

• Members

There are more choices than abrasive and brain dead. Cartooni could have kept Carly on the path on which Wolf had her as opposed to this stupid 16 year old twat. Its embarrassing watching notCarly so I choose not to.

Personally, I loved scheming Carly but appreciated her growth in 2011. Carly has been alot of things over the years, but a completely stupid gullible bubble head? NEVER!

• Members

I dont care for Carly so Im really not bothered at all. I'll take nonfactor Carly over overexposed bitch any day. Carly hasnt been Carly in quite some time anyway. LW always played a bastardized version of the character I once loved, whom she made me hate. I can honestly say I dont really hate her right now. She's such a nonfactor and I can at least appreciate that she isnt being written as an abrasive overbearing shrew anymore. To me now, she's just there. Doesnt really do much to get under my skin. She's alot easier to take and watch these days

• Members

I usually don't notice these types of things, but isn't he supposed to be very good with lighting? The show does seem brighter, but I'm not sure if it's good or bad.

I also understand that he is actively involved in hair, makeup and wardrobe. I will admit that the guys on GH look much better since he's arrived, but the ladies still need help.

I also think I read somewhere that he's a scheduling wiz. Something about the number of sets and actors' guarantees and the way he sets up the shooting schedule so that it maximizes something or other. Someone else can probably explain it better than me.

• Members

LW's Carly is the only Carly I cared about and I've seen all. To each their own. But whether you like her or not, the writing for her is heinous. But then the show in its entirety is heinous so Carly isn't alone. There is not one rootable woman on this show right now. Hell,

not one rootable character period!

• Members

I see what you're saying, but I'm not sure how this means that making such basic mistakes (like shrugging off Robin's funeral while trying and failing to make a spectacle of Sonny's 39485th trial) any better. I also don't see how Luke's latest story is much different than a lot of what Guza gave him. He's still a manwhore and a money-grubber. The only difference is he's sober.

I think some of the guys (like Johnny) often look worse.

• Members

Every time I see Johnny, I'm puzzled. Even IRL, BB just has not been looking good these days. What's up?

I don't think the current characters are played out (except maybe Sonny, and I'm a Sonny fan), but they all need a new direction. Better writing is needed for all! Nothing is good on barelyGH! Nothing is original or good. If you are going to repeat something, make it good. Give it an effort...put your foot in it! Cartooni don't do that. They just toss garbage out there and hope that everyone will remember "we stay under budget". Pure rotgut won't win Emmys. You won't even get a Soapie! The only way Frank will get his hands on an Emmy is if he steals it!

Archived