Robin Strasser Blasts Laura Wright Over "The Chew" Appearance

• Members

I had a friend who was recovering from surgery a few years ago. She knew I was a big soap fan and she told me how she tried to get into the soaps but in the end she just decided to watch reruns of Gimore Girls on ABC Family.

People use "competition" as an excuse for why soap ratings have dropped but no one wants to address the question of why when soaps are faced with competition, they LOSE. That's a problem with the product and the genre.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd say the wine was promoted. Absolutely. If anything, the small talk about GH was just that...small talk. It's like they felt they had to toss it in, but there was no genuine interest at all. Can't say I'm disappointed. I'd rather LW not talk about that clusterfuck of a show!

• Members

Strasser a strong attachment to One Life To Live, she tweeted this a couple of weeks ago

Calling out people is always wrong and she shouldn't have blasted Wright like that. I think Strasser sent those tweets for attention and also because she can't get over the cancellation. Yes, it's hard to see the institution you've worked at for decades go under, but there comes a time to move on. It's almost like she's trying to play Dorian Lord on Twitter, her ranting tweets seem dramatic.

• Members

Its almost as if she's sitting back waiting for a reason to rant (LW was the excuse this time). Trolling the tv guide to see who's gonna be on The Chew or Revolution as she leaves CBS out of it - which comes off as disingenuous.

ANDREA

• Members

Precisely.

Some may see it as "entitlement", but how else should one react when the worst of the ABC soaps gets spared while the better ones are thrown in the trash? Just because it happened doesn't mean that OLTLers have to get over jack.

Which I don't blame her one bit for.

• Members

Well, good on her. Even if this guest spot doesn't result in more ABCD talk show guest stints, at least she was able to promote her winery to a national audience without having to force people to buy wine in exchange for autographs - a route that I find more worthwhile than promoting a soap that is well overdue for a mercy killing.

• Members

It doesn't matter that Oltl's ratings were up after cancellation or that they were under budget they weren't making money. Not enough money to justify keeping it on air just like GH isn't making enough money to keep it on air and will be canceled soon. Gh has more history on the network as a ratings hit than OLTL ever did which is part of the reason it was kept.

• Members

When that hammer came down, all 3 were pretty much garbage, but you preferred OL garbage and I preferred GH. In all honesty, I believe GH was the one spared because of its time slot. Why move anything around when all will be gone eventually? I was told that Sweeney wanted all 3 gone at the same time but saved GH as insurance. Good call as the Revolution tanked.

ANDREA

• Members

I think robin was completely out of line here. Laura wright never been a fan but she's a smart cookie 20 years straight of daytime employment. Plus her wine business is probably what ages using as back up. U can't fault someone for wanting money for her kids future. Robin I think is very bitter.

Archived