Robin Strasser Blasts Laura Wright Over "The Chew" Appearance

• Members

You think? I doubt LW gave it a second thought. She had a chance to publicize her vinegar factory and she jumped on it. The part about her husband stepping in does not make me feel good about either him or her. If they want to get in the ring, they better learn to take some punches.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know what kills me about this, I'm not a Laura Wright fan but this is a woman who's entire career has been soaps. Obviously unlike certain actors and fans, she knows the end is near and is preparing for a new income source but she's been devoted to this genre for years. So what exactly would anyone here have done I'd like to know who was starting a business and had the chance to promote it on a national ABC show. Turn it down based on principle. bullshit. Sometimes I wonder what kind of fairytale soap fans live in.

• Members

I'm not necessarily referring to comments here but across the board. And honestly it's mostly stemmed by some sort of continued bitterness about OLTL. Time for folks to move on. Every other fan base have seemed to move on including AMC fans. I don't see any outrage when soap actors including ABC actors appear on the Talk.

• Members

Agreed. Laura Wright has done nothing wrong. She's supporting her current show and she's planning for the future. She's a smart woman. She knew the writing on the wall for GL, hence her 2005 jump from GL to GH, and now she's ready to jump into her next line of work when the inevitable day comes that General Hospital is pronounced dead. She is betraying nobody.

Until the day comes that Helen Wagner crawls out of her grave and joins twitter to bitch about Texas Battle and John McCook appearing on The Talk, Strasser needs to just STFU.

• Members

I have to say that I am very pleased at the mature attitude that most ABC soap viewers at SON have. That being said, there are still way too many anti-ABC crazies out there, as illustrated by bitchy Robin Strasser's latest comments.

If people claimed that their only goal was to save AMC and/or OLTL (and also stated that they could care less about fans of other cancelled soaps), I would have a lot less problem with this type of activity. Instead, it appears as if many are masking their true intentions (about saving the Nixon soaps and damaging ABC) under the guises of "saving the genre" and "fighting corporate greed." Of course, if these slogans really represented their primary mission, then all of these folks would have been up in arms when CBS cancelled GL and ATWT and replaced them with cheaper programming. Furthermore, these folks wouldn't have pledged their everlasting loyalty to Hoover, given that the company replaced manufacturing jobs in Ohio with those in Mexico.

I was recently reading an article about the ratings performance of each of the network daytime talk shows (see the below link):

http://www.tvmediain...aytime-talk-11/

One of the comments, written by "Camille," was particulary telling as to how these anti-ABC crazies think:

Thus, Camille--who apparently is all about the soap genre--is publicly hoping for The Talk (a show that replaced a longer-running soap than either AMC or OLTL) to overtake The View (a show that did not replace a soap) in the Neilsen Ratings. Zealots like Camille are so hung up in their self-centered desire to save THEIR soaps that they see ABC as the sole enemy, and fail to realize that ABC just followed the lead set forth by the other networks. (I wouldn't even be surprised if Camille was unaware that The Talk was the replacement for ATWT, given how little she seems to care about the matter.)

In short, everytime crazies like Robin Strasser or Camille cloud the save AMC/OLTL campaign under false pretenses, it feels as if they are spitting on the faces of fans of all the other soaps that got cancelled. (I guess those who disagree with me might say I'm "disgruntled," but you also cannot deny that such a label applies to the likes of Robin Strasser.)

• Members

Some may proclaim that Strasser has every right to label Wright "wrong" in this matter, and of course it's true. Strasser should be able to voice her opinion, unfettered. But of course, when the idea that the other person is "wrong" is a merely subjective, personal opinion unsupported by any actual facts, but rather motivated by personal disappointment, ire and/or bitterness, it's at least important to measure one's words in public, to avoid sounding petulant. No one adores Strasser more than I do, but measuring one's words is important.

• Members

LOL at Strasser being concerned about the 800 jobs lost when OLTL was cancelled. Where was her concern for those stagehands, camera people when she went off on them if they messed up a camera angle or made a sound in the background and she had to reshoot a scene? It is well known that lots of people cheered when she left OLTL in 87 and 2000. And notice how last year when she had to leave OLTL early, they even let her go earlier than she wanted. That says alot. She is the epitome of a diva who shoots off her mouth and usually only tells 1/2 the story.

• Members

LW has been know to diva with the best of them so I see them as being quite comparable.

I still think LW would have been dumb to pass up an opportunity like that for free advertising on a national venue. That's the kind of thing that when it drops in your lap, you jump on it.

I'm probably old-fashioned, but I can't imagine why people go on twitter with this sort of thing. I know people who developed an intense dislike for LW, CH and NLG because of their tweets.

Archived