Robin Strasser Blasts Laura Wright Over "The Chew" Appearance

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How would it benefit them to tell you anything else? When a kid believes in Santa, you help them mail letters to the North Pole. You don't explain to them that "Santa" really lives at the halfway house next to the soup kitchen and that "Rudolph" is his probation officer.

I don't know or care who liked or hated Strasser but can we at least acknowledge that most actors are too smart to tell fans about their workplace drama?

• Members

Bwah! The naivete of "most" soap fans never ceases to amaze me. Has any soap actor ever said anything other than their co-workers are the best and they are like a big family. And of course, they love their bosses. RME. What else are they going to say? They are not going to say, "I despise so and so and I am glad that the biatch is gone." Usually it is through rumors and insiders that the truth leaks out.

• Members

It would be awesome! Especially now with the genre all but dead. I'm thinking of the recently published oral history of MTV. Everybody just tells all their business, who was doing who, who was drunk, who was on drugs, etc... Someone needs to do a book like that about soaps while there are still enough people alive to talk.

• Members

I read that book (which was a great one for those who wanted a glimpse into MTV's early years/80s excess) a few months ago and thought of the same thing while reading it. I'm not sure what publisher would green light this or if anyone would be able to convince a publisher that there is a market for this (in spite of the delicious soap gossip online), but, I, too, would love to see such a book come to fruition.

'Shot' is putting it mildly...

(Sorry, but I can't stand her.)

Archived