How about Wendy Riche as executive producer of Y&R replacing MAB?

• Members

I thought about this but Y&R is a horrible mess aka production mess. MAB had zero executive producing experience before Y&R and it shows. She cann't run a soap to save her life. The show is a total mess right now. What Y&R needs is a very tough,experienced, has a proved track record executive producer. I kept thinking in my mind Wendy Riche former executive producer of GH fits the bill. The woman was EP at GH for 9 practically glory years and won many many emmys and buzz and acclaim for GH. Claire Labine said the big reason their GH stint was so successful was Wendy she fought tooth and nail everyone to get their vision told. Heck Wendy is the one who caused Bob Guza to quit GH. Not only was she the only woman who didn't take Guza's crap she also brought out the best in his work. Shes a tough pushy cookie that would be fabuloius at Y&R. I Know the Bells wont fire one of their own but keep MAB a writer on the writing team. She stinks as an executive producer. The show needs a seasoned veteran at the helm and Wendy IMO has the proven track record. Could you see Wendy Riche at Y&R? I so miss Wendy at GH, she gave me years of great TV. She was fabulous executive producer.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wendy Riche being who she is as an independent operator is exactly why Sony would never hire her.

And given that it would be instantly interpreted as a demotion of MAB, the Bells wouldn't sanction it either.

Which is a shame because Riche given a free hand could do wonders with this show.

• Members

I would take anyone over MAB at the moment. The worst executive producer would do a better job then she does. I would like to get a job that I had not pervious experience doing and keep that job but yet my track record SUCKS! Guess it pays be the daughter-in-law of the creator. Otherwise she would never be working in daytime. Oh thats write she wrote a few scripits back in the early 1990's on B&B, so she can run the show. Funny how that happens.

• Members

Come now, we all know MAB isn't going anywhere. The best we can hope for is that someone fires her two d!ckhead co-HWs.

But as far as technical production goes, I don't think it's been too bad since Rauch left. My only issue with the production was the severely outdated opening credits, which is now being rectified.

• Members

Wendy would be a gift to any soap, but she will never be an EP in daytime again. Today's daytime doesn't want someone like her like others have mentioned above. She's too skilled.

Archived