GH: Discussion for the Month of May

• Members

It probably would have worked much better if they had let her in on it instead of keeping her in the dark. Anyway, with all of the legacy enrollments at an Ivy like Yale, there's no way hers would have raised any eyebrows, especially since she is a good student. That would probably be the most unusual thing about her.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't imagine what that must have been like for her. First day on the job and they really threw her into the deep end. Maurice and Nancy and so much hysteria and drama and a script that sucked. And at all times she had to remember her only purpose for being there was to prop Sonny and Sam, those two paragons.

Zeman? Who is this Zeman of whom you speak? Is that someone who used to be on GH?

• Members

It was an especially stupid and unrealistic script today and Kristina's motivations were ridiculous. Sometimes it's hard to believe Cartooni continue to surpass themselves in pure trash writing.

They should have an announcer come on at the beginning of ever show and tell the viewers that Sonny, Michael, Starr, Sam and Jason are angels waiting for their wings and it should be remembered at all times. It would save a lot of senseless dialog.

• Members

It's more that they even asked her on the show that surprises me, as I thought ABC would probably just ignore GH until the end. That's probably the only slight sign of hope regarding ABC and GH that I've seen.

I just hope Mario Battali doesn't get all up on her the way he did Jennifer Grey.

• Members

By 'all up on her', do you mean being a boorish asshat or a lecherous jackass?

I don't know that having Laura Wright on the show is a sign that ABCD actually cares about GH to cross-promote it with their cooking show, as I'm more apt to believe that it is a makeshift audition of sorts to see how well she tests with a non-soap or foodie viewership.

• Members

When Jennifer Grey was on the show last week he kept standing right behind her with his arms over hers (I think he said he was doing the scene from "Ghost" - even though she wasn't in that movie), turning her around to face him while he was pressed too close to her. It just seemed way too personal to me. She didn't complain, but I didn't enjoy watching that.

I'm mostly surprised they would ask Laura to be on the show because I don't think she's ever been any daytime superstar (even if she's been a big part of GH these last years). But I hope it works out for her.

Archived