Unpopular Opinions: 2012 Edition

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't agree at all. Guza's only problem was that he was a serial killer obsessed with the mob. However, he knew how to tell stories. Wolf developed the characters and told character driven stories. His problem was that he didn't know how to follow through. He got stuck, but I liked what he did with the characters. On the other hand, Cartini's OLTL was a cartoon, and they've shown that they have no interest in GH or the characters. They are just biding time until precious criminally insane Todd gets here so that they can fully write their OL reboot. They don't care about GH's history as that is evident with the crap currently playing. I will take GMA Summer over OLTL's rebirth any day of any week! Anne Sweeney will shove a stake up General Life To Live's ass soon enough! Do your worst, Anne!

ANDREA

If you recall, Cartini never gave a crap about good acting/actors because the last few years of OL was polluted with raffle winners. From the little I've seen over the past month, the actors are forcing this chit out. They are trying to sell the unsellable. It's awful! I wonder when some get their scripts do they laugh or cry?

• Members

Guza's obsession with the Mob was one out of many reasons why he sucked donkey balls. The only time that he had any clue on how to tell any stories was when Wendy Riche was (rightfully) on his ass like white on rice. Once she was (regrettably) fired and bootleg-Janet-from-Three's-Company replaced her, he went bananas on dismantling General Hospital to the point where it has become the walking dead.

• Members

Unfortunately beyond one year or so when Guza first became headwriter, I don't think he ever had proper supervision. Once he returned, Riche was busy with PC, and it showed - 1999 and 2000 were some of the most listless, plotless years of any soap I can remember.

But RC has no interest in actually telling stories either, so it fits.

• Members

I was mostly thinking about his earlier years

But I also get confused as to when McTavish came in because that endgame story well enough said.

My biggest issue with Carlivati is not the Bad stories. Most have them. Or even the cliches. I can't think of one story that from start to finish was told well. And they all seem to die out with little payoff. The murder mystery of Victor at the end of OLTL was very slow and lackluster and repetitive.

• Members

Cartini's time management challenges were really evident towards the end. They sidelined just about everything so that the audience could see every painstaking detail of the resurrection of Gigi. Now, I have to ask, who in the sam hell was salivating to see that? When I tuned in sometime during the final weeks, I tuned back out a few days later. The prison break was not timed right either. There was never any bang for your buck!

ANDREA

• Members

And that's the problem. GH continues to try and vindicate these villains as heroes to the point of white washing them and not acknowledging their bad actions. Jason kills people for a living, that should not be forgotten about. Sonny ships drugs, not "coffee" and people need to realize that he is a drug mule and is just as bad as all the other mob people.

Basically. Why aren't people realizing this? The entire reason GH is in shambles right now is because Guza destroyed this show from the inside out for years and that is why the show is a complete disaster now. He destroyed everything GH held as a legacy during his years as head writer. Why don't people hate that? The only reason why GH is this bad off is because of mob central which was primarily due to his influence. I don't even care about Cartini or Wolfe's versions of GH, I have long since reconciled the fact that the soap died a while ago, but the indignation over Cartini is too much.

This show is a walking husk because of Guza and no one else can save it at this point because he irrevocably damaged the fabric of this show and all it was. It's unsalavageable because of him. Because he slaughtered everything that was sacred on this show. All Cartini is doing is running with what he has left which is working with the stick figure characters he inherited because GH has eliminated most of their legacy characters and the roots which held the shows inner core. He doesn't have much at all to work with, so who cares if he is making a joke out of the show? The show is a joke anyway.

I liked a lot of what she did for Alexis, Sonny and Carly as characters. I also liked Kristina's death.

• Members

You know what. I haven't seen one person here who dislikes RC pimping Guza. I'm really not sure what the heck board or comments anyone is reading. Folks are alllowed to dislike Ron on his own merits. Just because Guza sucked donkey balls doesn't mean some of us have to fall all over RC and FV as soap saviors. No offense but there are a couple of you posting on here talking about this like the rest of us here have praised Bob Guza as some sort of genius. Show me the posts or where anyone here or on this board has said that. Is it a mortal sin to think Ron Carlivati is not the next Douglas Marland or to criticize him on his own merits?

• Members

When they blame Ron for things he has had no control over (i.e. the pathetic state GH is in now) it becomes annoying because it's blatantly disregarding all of the things that came before it. You are upset that GH hasn't been exciting, well what is there to be excited about? GH has four characters on it because Guza hacked away all the cast. You are upset that OLTL crossover characters are being thrusted upon GH? Blame the fact that none of these new characters created under Guza and Wolfe are interesting enough to hold a story. You are upset about new storylines not being created? Blame that on the fact that GH has been overly mob-centric since Guza took over to the point where there are no other stories to tell because Guza destroyed any outside potential outside of his trifecta (Sonny, Carly and Jason), etc. So on and so forth. Blaming Ron without taking in the context of what he has to work with is ridiculous. Especially looking at the crap sorry sack GH is and has been over the past few years. Ron isn't in vacuum, his circumstances are very much compounded by the immense problems prior to his take over of GH.

• Members

Ron sucks on his own merit, and I'd take a combination of Wolf and Guza over Cartini any day of any week, and I hated both of those bozos. Guza was a serial killer obsessed with the mob, but he knew the characters. Ron writes parodies and strongly believes in daily plot points. GH, for the little time it has left, needs someone who will write for GH and not make the characters unrecognizable to fit their plots.

ANDREA

Archived