The Madonna Thread

YRBB

• Members

If it were 80s it would be La Isla Bonita easily. But you're right, her 90s output, though technically superior and more diverse, doesn't lend itself to this kind of event as easily.

Oh, I didn't even think of remixes. Have to listen to the Miami Mix of Don't Cry For Me Argentina again as that was a top 10 billboard hit, even though people don't remember it now. I haven't heard it in years either.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh dear, apparently Madonna altered the sound on her own video upload of her "performance" at the Eurovision Song Contest.....

Please register in order to view this content

She must have realized that there would be others who uploaded the real version.

The real, live performance:

Madonna's own upload

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Still working through the cd (Tracks 10 through 13 honestly are flawless...like 10 is the calm to a storm and then the next several just build to climax being 13 which vintage old school Madonna if Erotica/Confessions had a kid IMHO. I see why critics point to this track as a favorite. The song (with a sound system) WILL...BUMP!!!

I also like all the Madonna/Maluma tracks on the cd. And will the following was also on it tbh...they make a good team.

• Members

Madonna Achieves Ninth No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'Madame X'

Madonna continues to have the second-most No. 1 albums among female artists, trailing only Barbra Streisand, who has 11. Among all acts, The Beatles have the most No. 1s, with 19. They are followed by Jay-Z (14), Streisand and Bruce Springsteen (both with 11), Elvis Presley (10), Eminem, Garth Brooks, Madonna and The Rolling Stones (all with nine).

Madonna is a frequent visitor to the top 10 of the Billboard 200, having notched at least four top 10 albums in each of the last four decades (‘80s, ‘90s, ‘00s and ‘10s). Madame X marks her 22nd top 10, and fourth of the ‘10s. Earlier in the decade, she reached the region with her last studio effort, Rebel Heart (No. 2 in 2015), MDNA (No. 1, 2012) and the live album Sticky & Sweet Tour (No. 10, 2010).

Madonna’s first top 10 came nearly 35 years ago, when her self-titled debut album climbed 12-10 on the Oct. 6, 1984-dated chart. It eventually peaked at No. 8 two weeks later (Oct. 20). The diva would place five top 10s in the ‘80s, seven in the ‘90s, six in the ‘00s and now four in the ‘10s.