The Madonna Thread

YRBB

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hahahaha!!!

I feel like the only person who has not liked Living for Love. I think it will be a slow burn on me.

And YAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS to 'Bitch, I'm Madonna.' I have EVERY intention of making Nicki's part of the song my Bitca if that gets dropped on a dance floor while I'm at a club.

I love Devil Pray as well. And Unapologetic Bitch was great reggae.

Ghostown stilled my soul yesterday. I have not been having a good week. And yesterday...it just calmed me completely. Easily my favorite. Makes me wonder when was the last time Madge did a ballad like a ballad without techno beats. Miles Away (since I don't count Masterpiece due to soundtrack)

Illumnati...not my favorite but great beat.

And I see all that hanging with Nicki is making Madonna rap a little bit better.

• Members

Can we share thoughts on latter-Madonna, when most agree it hasn't been the same? Let's say... everything after MUSIC?

What do you think about American Life, Confessions On A Dancefloor, Hard Candy, MDNA? I know most dislike them, especially HC and MDNA, with the possible exception of Dancefloor. Are there any particular favorites or good things you feel/think about those albums?

I've always loved Miles Away and Give It 2 Me for example, but HATE 4 Minutes. And I think Gang Bang and Masterpiece are brilliant. Dancefloor I've always loved as a whole and stuff like Love Profusion and Nothing Fails are beautiful.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

American Life

Never hated it. I'M STUPID was a fave. DIE ANOTHER DAY was up my alley. NOTHING FAILS brought me to tears. EASY RIDE is my 2nd favorite Madonna coda (GONE from Music being the first). I think the album has withstood the test of time for me.

Confession

LOVED. LOVED. Mostly from SORRY on was just a drug for me. FORBIDDEN LOVE will always be remembered as the last song that a dj loved to play at the end of the night at a lesbian club I went to when I first moved to San Diego. And just how it made everything so magical. And I thought about my boyfriend at the time who was my 2nd serious relationship.

Hard Candy

I loved it at the time, but I am finding it forgetful now. As in people have to remind me it happned forgetful. Funny since it had so many gems that I loved at the time of its release. PS. Oakenfold remix of Give it 2 Me was the s*it back then and totally worth dancing to it.

MDNA

LOVED. But it was up my alley. I have been finding that the end of the cd are more memorable to me than the rest other than ADDICTED though. And of course GANG BANG.

Edited by Taoboi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I like the obvious nod to Take a Bow with the video.. and the theme of a bull fighter and bull. In a way, I view the video as part 3 of the story that started with Take a Bow and continued in You'll See... with her finally winning in this video.

Also, like that she isn't naked.