The Madonna Thread

YRBB

• Members

I think it looks very intriguing and promising. While I've enjoyed her recent albums, I also felt there was a certain trend-chasing going on. This feels... relaxed, like she's doing her own thing. I hope so, at least.

The intro video is very intriguing. Lots of great stuff:

Wow, sounds like a pretty big deal. I'm existed for hype for a Madonna single again...

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Some of the promos from MTV are pretty good. MTV is what is it these days, but it's good to know they will always have respect and reverence for her and how she (and Michael Jackson) basically made the network a success in the first place. She really did put the 'M' in MTV when it mattered to pop music. 

• Members

Madonna came up with ray of light and music after major changes in her life (motherhood, moving to the UK)....so when she moved to Lisbon..I had a feeling she would be inspired.

It sounds modern, yet also unique and a classit's own its own.  And she actually did a music video with a story!

• Members

Madonna still pushing this notion that the world finds her fascinating.

That train left the station years ago..

Madame X... that was dated when Lana Turner did it 50 years ago.

The whole spoken words to God asking for forgiveness...I am a whore etc

Just not working anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm having a 90s themed pool party in a few weeks. Which Madonna hit from the 90s should I put on the playlist?

"Take A Bow" was probably her biggest hit of the decade but I don't think it's appropriate for a pool party.

It seems wrong to exclude her, but I don't know if any of her hits from the 90s really fit a pool party -- a lot of her 80s ones definitely do but I'm doing 90s only.

• Members

Deeper & Deeper, some of the more house-oriented remixes for Fever, Ray of Light, Human Nature, Vogue? Just throwing out uptempo-ish songs, because she's never really sung about going to the beach or taking a dip in the pool, lol. 

The rejected Bedtime Stories track 'Your Honesty" has a cool 90's vibe, if you want to add something more obscure. 

She became more of an albums artist in the 90's, so it's a strange decade to pick from (though artistically her most diverse and probably best). 

Edited by BetterForgotten