Four OLTL actors heading to GH

• Members

I might tune in but only for KdP and RH. I have no interest in watching KA attempt yet another romantic pairing, nor to watch ME nearly fall asleep in all his scenes all over again. I'm already assuming ME and KA were the two SOD was alluding two and KdP and RH might be shorter arcs (though if GH is canceled, they'll all be short arcs).

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I personally think this was a. A way for FV/RC to get some of their faves on the show they're at now and b. An attempt at drumming up ratings for sweeps so that MAYBE will let GH live a little longer, but at this point who knows. I'm glad the Victor Jr. Murder could be wrapped here as it was the only story that doesn't have a sense of finality to it.

I'm just happy I can see KDP on my screen some more. :wub:

• Members

Didn't Tood, sorry Victor, share a scene with Spin on a plane in those online ABC soap mashups they did a few Summers back? Besides Blair and Tad I can't remember who else met who... (was it Sonny and Erica and luke and Victoria?)

I honestly think this will b e dropped. Aside from maybe a few lines about their Llanview pasts as fan service and a mention of Natalie or something I doubt we'll see any real story continuation from OLTL.

LOL Really? I have been pretty tuned into tv since the early 90s and had NO idea Easton was a lead on ANY primetime show. I really don't think he's much of a name even with cult fans personally. (I do remember Ted's show). Did their shows last longer than that sci fi show Howarth had on Fox?

• Members

GH is unfixable unless they kill off the three cancers this show has which are Jason, Sonny and Carly. The show needs to be completely burned to the ground and rehauled. Not on single character on that show is salvageable at this point. Not a single one. The OLTL infusion can only help this show. The teen scene is nonexistent, the hospital is a blight, the mob is a cesspool of everything wrong with the show, the police department is a joke and all the side characters have lost their merit. Todd, Blair, Starr and John in theory should be able to help make things better if they are applied appropriately. But I have a feeling even this won't work. Ron has to commit to completely changing everything GH currently is and he needs to start rebuilding the entire show piece by piece.

This would have merit too. I know it sounds like I just want all the characters on GH completely written out of their show but I really do believe that so many characters on that show are lost causes. ABC should take some notes and bring some other ABC characters back to give GH a new outlook.

GH has destroyed itself. They don't respect history and they don't respect their characters which is why they are driving away all their actors and dismantling all of their legacy work and diminishing all of their acclaimed storylines from previous decades. There is nothing to protect on GH at this point.

• Members

I know John has some weird following from soap mag polls, though I've rarely seen it online, but isn't his major fanbase actually about him with Natalie, not him solo? And I don't think Star really has a fanbase (but I guess it makes sense to have her with Todd/Blair).

My thoughts on this, now that I've read the whole thread is... Meh. I already planned to check in to Ron's GH just out of curiousity (I did try out Wolf's and found it hard to even sit through). I assume this won't be till late Feb, when RC's work is meant to start? it's too bad they couldn't have done it quickly after GH ends...

One thing is I'm not really sure how much of a fanbase GH shares with OLTL. From all the save our soaps, etc, campiagns I got the feeling a lot more people fell into the patter I did--of watching AMC and OLTL than of watching any combination of those with GH, although I admit a lot of ABC soap fans watched all of them. With a 6 week break or so between the show ending, I wonder how many major fans will think to tune into GH... Particularly when there's nothing in the next few weeks compelling enough for any lapsed soap fans missing OLTL to tune into.

I also get why some GH fans would be mad--it does sorta smell of RC and FV unable to let OLTL go and not really focusing on re-focusing the existing GH. I mean, would GH have these characters if they had different writers/producers? I guess it's a moot point.

I also agree that AMC/OLTL 9plus Loving/City) always seemed to exist better in their own reality than the East Coast shows did with GH, although obviously there have been major crossovers before (in its first year, OLTL had Dr Steve or whatever his name was come from GH to OLTL, plus Anna on AMC, Marco on GH, Skye on every single show ABC has ever had it seems). And I'm kinda tired of all these characters, though I admit I probably would miss Blair...

But--like I said, I was planning to check out GH and this will make me want to more. I seem to be in the minority that I don't really imagine they WILL substantially finish any OLTL plots on GH, and the characters will come on with somewhat of a clean slate--but I could be completely off here. Despiote not bveing favorite characters, a small part of me is kinda excited about the thought of seeing characters from one of my two fave shows live on--we'll see how I feel in a month from now (and I admit, while I can't consider them fitting on GH any better, if GH had brought on one of my fave AMC or OLTL characters I probably would be thrilled--I wonder if they ever thought to ask Susan Lucci though I doubt she would consider ANY soap job outside of AMC).

• Members

Yeah TSJTodd met Spinelli. A poster, posted the video on the previous page. It was probably my favorite of the what ifs..I doubt RHTodd and Spinelli, if they interact, will be as humorous...I personally though am excited about Easton, KDP, and Howarth coming to GH. I haven't cared for KA and Starr in ages so I'm disappointed in that aspect, but if she ends up paired with Michael it all works out as I try to FF Michael when I watch GH recordings and I've FF'd STarr and James for a while.

And also I don't see what all the commotion is about. It's just 4 characters...GH could easily get rid of some of their dead weight everyone complains about anyway...AND two GH fan favorites/vets are returning as well...

I think Howarth's acting style will be an interesting contrast to what I find to be the most depressing set of actors on Daytime.

• Members

FV and RC clearly seemed to love TSJ's "acting choices" and even wrote that apathy of his into the character more and more--you can't blame the actor here.

OK I take back some of what I said--maybe they are using this to wrap up the mystery considering it doesn't make any real sense for John to be in the orbit of Todd/Blair/Star and follow them to GH unless it's to solve the murder. Though with no Tea, etc, etc, it seems kinda a waste.

• Members

I think Starr had something of a fanbase during the "Sole" era and the teen pregnancy story (wasn't the show doing very well in the tween demos at this time). I'm not sure about since then.

There's always talk about what a drag Natalie is for John and how he'd be so much better with this or that woman, but it's interesting to me that every time they did put him with someone else, Natalie always ended up being dragged back in for prop duty (with the last go-round barely even having them share scenes, but everyone had to talk about how in love they were).

Archived