Four OLTL actors heading to GH

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

KA might as well sign with GH. I don't see her acting career going any where after the soaps. If there is consensus that a woman is not good looking, she needs to be considered talented to get even minor roles. KA is neither. Her only hope is one of those celebrity reality shows.

• Members

I'm always going to be on KA's side by default, as I loved her as a kid and feel like I grew up with her, so I do have a bit of an attachment to her as Starr. That being said, yeah, I'd be surprised if GH makes it past September. Nonetheless, I wish her all the luck in the world. Lord knows she's lucky to be so young and getting paid for doing something she loves--as someone who graduated college about a year ago, I wish I could say that right now! laugh.png

Speaking of which, I don't think I posted this here yet. This YouTuber, DamnTingTong, posts a lot of OLTL related cartoons made in the style of amine, using computer generated voices. The same voice is used for this special video she (he?) made when it was announced that these OLTLers were going to GH. I think you guys might like it!

"Have a nice day...LOL Max Holden." LMAO laugh.png

max-holden-is-love_a_GIFSoupcom.gif

ETA: KDP said on her FB page last night that she spoke to KA on the phone recently (she called KA her "daughter"--AWW wub.png ), and KA told her she was LOVING it there at GH and that Kassie would too. I've always loved the bond those two have! smile.png

• Members

Agreed, but perhaps once her soap life is over, she will be wise enough to take classes to really show her how it's done. By then she will have the means and the experience, so one never knows...

She's not the only one to go that route. Linda Dano anyone?

• Members

As much as I'd like to see KDP still acting, you can't fault her for taking the opportunities she has and running with them. I give her props for being a smart business woman and going for it.

I absolutely loved Linda Dano on AW for years. With acting opportunities not only dwindling in NYC but for women in general after a certain age (unfortunately), I am glad to see this woman still able to be successful. I'd rather see her doing this than reading a story about her being unemployed and out of money.

• Members

And to be fair, Kassie did that infomercial long before cancellation.

Speaking of infomercials, I actually sat through the Jack Wagner/Krista Tesreau one a few nights ago and it was a lot of fun hearing those hits of the eighties. tongue.png

• Members

Absolutely. And I think she's still doing the Daytime Divas isn't she? (although they might have to change their name since none of them are in daytime now)

Please don't take my comment as a slam - you work where you can find work. But there doesn't seem many doors open for aging actresses, especially in those from soap land. Sad really, because soap experience should be measured in dog years.

Archived