Four OLTL actors heading to GH

• Members

WHile I think RC has painted Blair as too man obsessed with a weird proclivity for choosing psychos she should be smart eough at this point to not always fall for. That said, I think Ron loves the character and the actress, no matter how arguably lamely he shows it (Yes Blair always had elements of this, but she should have grown by now--and had for a while).

I do agree with John--I feel like Frons loved John, FV probably did too, but RC seemed kinda uninterested. And I don't blame him--as much as I get the argument that John J York has not had much to do at GH in ages (the little I've watched GH), I think John by this point is worse. He rarely seems to show any interest in a scene (though I did think he improved slightly the last few weeks).

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually pretty much agree with all of this (although I'm more mixed on how he wrote RH's return). And I do think that's RC's main weakness actually--it never seems to be really about agendas or character hatred so much as I think sometimes he feels he gets a character and what their strengths are more than, frankly, I think he does.

• Members

The show spent so many years painting Natalie as some type of clingy whore. MA always did the heavy lifting for him, and Jolie did have fans, but never once did I stop having the feelings that Natalie was beneath John and they were just waiting for someone else to come along. Notice how every time John has scenes with a woman, we're supposed to be excited, and look how alive he is! And then, in about a week, or two weeks, he goes back to sleeping with his eyes open, as the women have nervous breakdowns.

It will be interesting to see him with Kelly Monaco again, as she is also a low-key actor.

Beyond her man problems, the show took away most of her relationship with Starr and Dorian for several years; with Dorian it felt very deliberate (remember that episode about how they'd be like the Grey Gardens ladies if they didn't find a good man like Todd). That's what bothered me most.

• Members

Yes, which I find all too funny considering the way twitter has been over reacting to these characters coming on board. I had a feeling GH couldn't afford, Kassie, Roger and Michael Easton long term. Looks like ME might be staying, which is unfortunate, but hardly an invasion.

• Members

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/2012/01/update-on-jolie-reunion.html

Ever since it was announced that ONE LIFE TO LIVE star Michael Easton would be moving John McBain to GENERAL HOSPITAL's Port Charles, fans have been praying for Melissa Archer's Natalie to join him. Alas, it appears that when Easton told fans at a "Loving Llanview" event last weekend that Jolie would be reunited during May Sweeps, he was just being a jokester. A spokesperson for GH tells Soaps In Depth that at this time, Archer will not be joining the cast. "Despite us loving them, there are no immediate plans to bring her to Port Charles," says the rep.

• Members

none of this makes any sense? john and natalie just reunited and he's already leaving her? starr without cole? todd and blair in port charles right after he gets busted? seems to me they should have had the finale turn out to be alison's fantasy after all!!

Archived