Four OLTL actors heading to GH

• Members

So you think RC had a lot of great writing for Blair?

To be fair, most of the headwriters have done a poor job with her, but it's tough to get past crap like 2009, where her main role was to be put in the hospital and chase after Todd. Then in 2010 her only role was to hold Tea's hand and be Eli's patsy. Her scenes with Starr and Dorian also dwindled down further and further.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think RC cares much about John, but I do think he recognized ME's (inexplicable to me) popularity, which is why the man went to GH. I think he actually likes the original Todd and Blair quite a bit. I thought they did a great job with them at the end, and if he didn't want to bring them over to GH, heavily promoted as the Mannings, he would not be doing it. He loves Tea, yes, but I think he does care about Blair. He just took her for granted a lot, until he could bring Roger Howarth back.

Sometimes writers have a tin ear on characters they like. I have no doubt RC adores Dorian, for example. But he didn't give her much beyond David in the last several years. Part of that was due to, I think, ABC restrictions on veteran storyline, and budget, and part of it was due to the fact that RC thought - not entirely without credence - that David/Dorian was the top couple for her at this point and that David was a fan favorite. D&D were popular, and whether we want to grumble or not about broad comedy, David is a fan favorite. Did he do enough with Dorian in that timeframe? No, not at all; she was beholden to Tuc Watkins's schedule and ABC's mandates, and RC's myopia about what the character should be involved in. But I think he loved her to death regardless of those failings in his writing. I think it's a similar situation with Blair - I think he cared a lot about her, but shortchanged her without fully intending to for a long time because he figured Blair was the 'vixen with a heart of gold' who could do anything in his stories with other favorites of his, like Tea. I think the last few months with Roger Howarth bode well for her on GH, however. I don't think Todd has been a prop for Tea at all in his return. If anyone got screwed since August, it's Florencia Lozano. RC worked overtime to keep Tea a presence in story after losing TSJ, and I think he only half-succeeded but I think it was a relatively small portion of the audience that was both a) rooting for her and B) rooting against Todd and Blair by the end. We can call that "karma" for Victor and Tea eating the show for a couple years, but honestly I don't think that way. I like all three actors, Howarth, DePaiva, Lozano, even when I disliked the reign of "TNT3".

The truth is these people are human and inconsistent like anyone else. Ron Carlivati has never struck me as the guy to be sitting in the dark like, "yeah, [!@#$%^&*] Blair and Dorian!" Bob Guza he is not. Usually when he [!@#$%^&*] up he's just inept and myopic.

• Members

From Kassie's Facebook

Now... on the General Hospital.... Yippie. I must say the the ads and press release by ABC is a little misleading and I feel I need to clarify to all my friends, family, and fans that are emailing and calling wondering when I'm moving to Los Angeles. Frank Valentini, GH's EP, asked me to come out for a couple of shows in February and I'm thrilled. Not only will I get to work with a fantastic cast.... but a little piece of OLTL will live on. That makes me very happy. And who knows where it will lead. Once the Mannings come to town anything is possible. I wish everyone at GH the best. No one loves daytime more than Frank Valentini and Ron Carlivati and no one works harder than those two men. GH is in good hands and hopefully ABC will let GH live on!!!!!! See ya'll soon in Port Charles!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

The one I'm most excited to see on the show is Blair. There are really no women in her age range on the show, other than NLG who is rarely used. I feel like Blair and Carly will go to bat. I REALLY want Robin Christopher to come back and face off with Blair again. I loved them so much.

Archived