Four OLTL actors heading to GH

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

TPTB should save their time and money and just turn the cameras on themselves. It's obvious that viewers are far more interested in the goings on behind the scenes than anything the writers have intentionally provided for us.

• Members

This is true. I'm not currently watching GH but I'll start again when Frank and Ron show up. I really can't stand Sonny and company either so other than the vets coming back and a few other likable characters, I guess It would be okay to see some OLTL characters in the "dead air" space.

• Members

Personally I think it's a bad idea! Reason of course is they soap needs to focus on the characters who are already on the canvas instead of bringing in characters from a now-defunct soap sad.png Viewers and fans should be worried because the reality is a lot of airtime will probabaly be given to Todd, Blair, Starr, and John. I don't see the purpose of bringing John to the show especially when they have a very capable Police Chief and officer in Mac Scorpio. Why not truly develop a storyline for him that is intriguing, filled with romance, mystery and adventure? Why not really begin to utilize the vets that GH has such as Monica, Edward, Tracy? The problem is that GH is lacking so many of their veteran actors and actresses? I'm glad Anna, Robert, Holly are returning. I'm not going to lie, it's time to bring back a lot more of their vets and place them in decent storylines. I would love to see a return of Laura however, Genie I think is enjoying her time on YR. I think Sean, Felicia, Tommy Hardy Jr, Frisco (even though he is on B&B ), Alex Quartermaine, etc need to return. There are many ways to incorporate these characters back into the fold of GH and use history to do it. The show is very unbalanced and has been that way for such a long time with little hope of fixing it. The reality to me is that Ron and Frank will not balance it out either. They were okay on OLTL...sometimes I found them to be very mediocre and their storytelling to be all over the place. I'm just praying that the soaps remaining will be able to last for a lilttle while longer and entertain me!

• Members

I personally thing it will backfire for all the reasons stated above, but I'll support the fact that they are at least thinking about saving GH. At this point I really question whether any PTB are capable of getting out of their own way and delivering a good, balanced, character driven show. Seems to me this is just another agenda on the loose.

• Members

I don't think that OLTL fans will be greeted with open arms by GH fans. Many ATWT viewers were very bitter about the AW crossovers, saying things to the effect of "AW was cancelled for a reason. We don't want any of its rejects coming over to Oakdale and taking even more time away from the veterans."

• Members

I wasn't trying to suggest that the OLTL characters will be the reason why the GH veterans will be shoved to the backburner (they already have been for years, as were the ATWT veterans prior to the AW crossovers). It is just that the OLTL characters (like the AW ones) will become a very easy scapegoat for disgruntled viewers to blame for GH's problems.

• Members

I'm no fan of Easton, but I have to disagree with you there. Easton, while not the most exciting or interesting actor, at least has a somewhat smoldering screen presence. York on the other hand....yikes, lol. He has always looked lost and bewildered in all his scenes, as though he's not aware of where he is. Oy. He's awful.

• Members

Ten years ago, I would agree about Easton, but now he just sleeps with his eyes open. York had a fair amount of charisma in the 90's, and is at least able to be a strong support to Maxie or to Robin, when he gets the chance. Easton offers little support to his co-stars and this means every story ends with a woman having shrieking breakdowns while he purses his lips.

• Members

I'm not the only one who has said that they don't think RC loves John all that much or that RC has little interest in Blair. If you feel that he loves John or Blair, then we can agree to disagree. I just think that the way he's had to shoehorn John into stories, after generally trying not to put too much focus on him in his first year or two as headwriter, has been glaring. (And if that's the case I would agree with him - John's a dead space and drags down any story he has a major role in). Under his pen Blair also lost most of her career, her relationships with her family, her personality, and most of her role beyond dating psychos.

Archived