Four OLTL actors heading to GH

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought some of the AW/ATWT crossover worked - I thought Jake fit in well and did a lot to make Molly more likeable.

This sounds short-term, and I'm wary of some of it (especially that Natalie will likely be killed, or yet again trashed, to prop John - after spending two years doing nothing but propping John!), but GH is so barren at the moment, there isn't a lot to do with the characters they have.

It's just a shame this is somehow going to yet again be all about Sonny. They clearly have no idea what to do with this man.

• Members

Jake was the only one that did work, but only for a short while. And those were sister soaps much like AMC/OLTL and Y&R/B&B. OTLT to GH is a huge jump.

It just feels like the new writing team wants to keep THEIR OLTL alive and have been given what might be the plumb assignment of spearheading the network's flagship soap without any real understanding of what's been missing all these years. These characters might have been the core on one show, but they are nothing but well flogged newbies from GH's perspective. Not everyone who watches GH has knowledge of or even interest in who these characters are.

And what about Hope? Are we supposed to have yet another toddler blond girl on the show or is the kid forgotten in the flight from town or has she been killed and I don't know or is Michael seriously being considered as a step-parent for the tyke??? It's asking too much to weave these characters into a show which already has its own legacy characters.

Just short sighted, that's all.

Archived