Four OLTL actors heading to GH

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The reason I asked is because I know a lot of people saw the writing on the wall when Howarth did not opt in the online venture as his decision to no longer play the role of Todd. I wonder if he was strong-armed into the GH deal because of contractual obligation ala Jensen Buchanan on ATWT.

• Members

Howarth may have been happy to agree, as this is guaranteed money (which PP wasn't), and this is probably a short term deal, and on the West Coast, which means he'd be there for pilot season.

I get Howarth more than Easton - Howarth at least had a big following in the 90's. Easton mostly got attention for about less than a year, his first year on PC.

After the writing Matthew has had over the last few years I'm glad he will be spared.

• Members

See Howarth, Burton, and Benard are interchangable to me. They are big fish in a little pond. Soap actors with huge soap followings who were never able to do much outside the genre. In contrast, Easton is more like Ted King. They both had minor success outside the soaps with their own series in 1990s. These series fall into the classic sci fi tv genre. I know there are still Total Recall fans around.

• Members

I've been content watching Steve Harvey's Family Feud @3, but despite the fact that these aren't my favorite OLTL characters I am just too curious to not watch. Howarth, Easton, and Alderson are major screen eating competition for their respective GH contemporaries. Has Kirsten returned as Maxie?

In regards to the valid question of who might they fire in order to make room, remember that they are already losing McCullough and Jackson for starters.

• Members

Makes sense that Dani would stay with Tea. Jack will probably be locked up or sent to juvvie with passin mentions of Blair's visits to him. But what about Sam? That's the toughest to explain unless they recast,which would be a shame cuz that kid is a real find. Is he going to stay in school in Llanview with grammie Addie?

• Members

I think Timecop was pretty much a huge flop. I can't remember what Easton was on though.

I think Howarth is different than Benard and Burton mostly in that he left OLTL over and over, finally leaving for almost a decade. That may have kept the character slightly more fresh, in the long run. But he has never done very much for me as an actor. I do think he was more popular in daytime than Easton was. I think Easton fits the idea of the ultimate ABC leading man, more than he's actually been popular. The last time he got buzz was his first work as Caleb on PC.

Archived