Y&R: Discussion for the Month of January

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am torn on Shadam in that the rest of the show is so damn boring that this is the only thing that makes me sit up and take notice. Like, Y&R is still yapping on about Diane's murder? I want to forget it ever happened -- Diane should never have been killed off (for threatening to sue Victor for a divorce settlement? Oh, please), Maura West should never have been fired, and the nasty misogynist tone of the whole killing (right down to the fetishistic shots of Diane getting her brains bashed in with a rock, clothed in a tiny, green wrap dress and those stripper Brian Atwood pumps) makes me physically nauseous.

Still, Sharon is an idiot for going through the whole rigmarole of marrying Victor to protect her custody of Faith over the past month, only to throw it all away by warning Adam and then shtupping him. Also: Y&R intercut the Shadam sexy-times stuff with Phyllis & Prick being Wonderful, Responsible, Gamer Parents in an obvious effort to prop up the latter two morally bankrupt, ruined characters.

Nothing to say about Nikki and Victor except that some things I don't necessarily need to see, thank you. Remember the days when Y&R had hot men like Young Josh Morrow, Shemar Moore, Eddie Cibrian, Greg Vaughan and Thad Luckinbill on its books?!

• Members

I agree but Maura's was horribly written anyway so? Two of my favs were ruined Deacon is now a murderer of a corpse..Thanks Maria!

more stupid in this murder mystery ....Nicki has always been written dumb to me but Katherine pimping how this whole thing is to show their undying love how much they love each other. All that and she's not drinking. To make matters worse ...here comes Patti with the same storyline being repeated

I'M SICK OF PATTI! Thanks I need that.

• Members

I love the sanctimonious attitude of everyone against Adam. Good grief -- all these people hated Diane for one reason or another. Nick and the whole custody hypocrisy - like his bedding Diane, Avery and Phyllis during the past few months is a great example of good judgment. I anticipate there will be outrage when Shadam slept together. Of course, it's OK that Victor/Nikki shagged at the same time. My patience is wearing thin.

• Members

Major deja vu with this SL. Didn't we watch Patty escape to church, like, 3 years ago after she killed Colleen? In fact, that's all I could think of when Traci stood between Patty's gun and Jack on the ground -- that Patty killed Colleen and was anybody going to bring that up?

How about that Abbott Family ruination when they ganged up on poor ole Genie? :lol: It was all so... obvious and heavy-handed.

Archived