OLTL: Discussion for the week of December 12

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Im embarassed by this Fraternity Row stuff. Roxy is coming across as a crazy soap fan

I definetly thought he was back in the past but I cant say one way or the other since hes returned as he's had little interaction with any of his kids, save Starr who is a young adult and has a kid of her own. I do think he's an awful despicable human being and thats independent of his relationship with his children

FR's set is an exact replica of Llanfair? The show couldnt get another set to represent FR?

• Members

I just watched Thursday and Friday's episodes. Destiny yelling at Matthew was great. It is about time she walked away from Matthew. She has always made it too easy for him. Matthew was so obnoxious to Destiny, Nora, and Bo.

David was hilarious in rejecting Roxy and Shawn's attempt to rope him into saving Fraternity Row. The Fraternity Row story is silly, but those scenes on the talk show set were funny.

• Members

I LOVED the flashbacks today! Especially the ones with Natalie and little Starr and Todd, Blair and little Jack! I remember watching that stuff as a little ( well sort of, lol) 12 year old seventh grader in late 2001, back when I first started watching the show wub.pngsmile.png .

And a MEREDITH mention? *dead*

But where is my Adorable Talking Hope? Yes, Starr being called Mommy now is super weird, but I want to see my little Hopie at least one more time smile.png .

• Members

I really hope Monday's episode is all Fraternity Row starring Roxie as Viki. That will be gold.

The little boy who plays Sam is such a scene stealer, I can always watch him. I have to say I sort of agree with Matthew. Destiny was going to rightly abort her child until Nora stuck her two cents in, and now Matthew has to raise the kid.

• Members

I know KD is a trooper but has she ever expressed any displeasure in how they write Blair? Every story seems to be about showcasing what an idiot she is at love and when she talks about her horrible choices to Starr, she comes across as an even bigger airhead bc she goes on to repeat those same mistakes. She's had a constant stream of psychos who easily manipulate her and she falls for it EVERY single time. There's plenty on this show but I would have to say she's the dumbest character on the show bc she's been portrayed as such for so long consistently. I cant imagine she loves how Blair is portrayed bc she used to be a schemer, one who was cunning and intelligent and wouldnt easily fall for such tricks. Now she is just stupid

• Members

I don't recall KDP's previous character, GL's Chelsea Reardon, falling for an endless string of psychos, but I do recall moments where I felt Chelsea was incredibly naive about things. So, maybe they're just writing to KDP's strengths?

I can, too. I'm the W.C. Fields type who has no tolerance for children and animals, but that kid just steals my heart.

• Members

lol...but that wasnt the case for Blair when Kassie came on. I noticed the change when Higley started writing for her in 2005 with the Spencer pairing and she's been this way since. One could argue it even began under Malone when they teased her with Troy and the whole mess with Walker, but she wasnt as consistently stupid under his run as she's ben in the last 5-6 years

• Members

I truly believe that Kassie is the type that is a total team player, one who will take one for the team and commit 100 percent every time to what she/Blair are scripted to do (ES, despite maybe a few voiced disagreements over the years, is largely the same way), as she feels she needs to be an actress and not a writer. I also think that she felt that this was especially important after her husband was fired, as he made no bones about speaking up when he thought something wasn't right with Max (and still does, in regards to this and other things), and with a young son at home, she had to feel it was important that he at least have one parent with a steady job. (I should say here that JDP said in a recent SOD interview he did with KDP that he would have loved to have come back for the end of OLTL--all they had to do was ask! He did it in 2007! But I digress).

That said, with all the crap Blair has been given over the years, it would have been great if Kassie had said something even once or twice, even if she always did/does her damnest (and bless her heart, she does every time) to sell it and make it work, and I truly believe that her uninterrupted stint at OLTL for almost 18 years has been vastly underappreciated. But like I said, she always gives it her all, and I think that's a major reason why both she/Blair and Fiona/Gabrielle are my two favorite female OLTL actresses/characters (along with the fact that the characters themselves are awesome to begin with! smile.png )

She did seem to speak up a bit about how she felt regarding ABC cancelling the show, though, and how she found out through a media report, when she responded to PP not continuing on with the show. If she ever decided to write a book where she was free of being a team player, I'd TOTALLY buy it (and if her husband wrote one? I'd eat it up with a spoon! wub.png ).

Archived