ATWT: P&G to release ATWT DVD Collection

dragonflies

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I started the 1996 episode and couldn't get through it. The acting is awful.... or maybe it's the writing? Or probably both! I know they chose it for the John/Lisa storyline, which is memorable, but the rest of the episode is painful to watch. (I actually remember this episode, but of course my 9-year-old self didn't care about the acting or writing at the time.)

I hope that if they do a second set that they include more episodes from the late 80s/early 90s. I don't know what the likelihood would be for more 70s episodes?

Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm just going to enjoy this DVD set now. smile.png

• Members

Some sponsor tags were included, so who knows what the deal is with the random cutting of titles. I'm just glad the picture quality is incredible. It truly is beautiful, and the 2000s episodes look better on DVD than they did when they originally aired. And I always love seeing 70s-early 80s stuff remastered like this because the colors are just fricken VIVID. I wish TV was still that colorful.

• Members

I am interested in your thoughts when you get them. You will probably get it tomorrow or for sure Wednesday. It took 6 days for mine to arrive.

I liked the picture qualtiy...only disappointments....carrying case for DVDs could have been better....the DVDs themselves are red with the last globe version. I thought the disks were going to be pictures of CZP, Van Hansis and Don Hastings and Kathryn Hays like they are featured on the website and amazon..but besides that and the editing of the closing...grrrr...I am happy with the episodes....characters I'd thought I would never see on my tv screen again are back....like Connor which is on 2 episodes that I know of so far...and other great characters I have missed.

Archived