ATWT: P&G to release ATWT DVD Collection

dragonflies

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would say probably 30 episodes a year. But for most of the last decade she's been Katie's confidant, which I'm sure wouldn't really interest anyone. Only seven of the eppys included are from the 2000's onward, and the cutbacks for "big" moments didn't even really become noticable until 2003; four of the seven are from '03 onward and two of those four were specific Hughes episode sure to include Nancy.

That's the biggest difference I see between the ATWT and any GL set that comes out. GL's not going to have that core of multi-generational characters you could see from '79-'09. The closest they'd come (portrayed by the same actors) is Ross and Reva.

• Members

Last night I just browsed through all the DVDs, but then I watched the first episode from the 4th Disc, which was when James returned from the "dead" the first time around. It was a really great episode! The whole episode was entertaining, not just that one particular part. That's what I really liked about it, because you don't ever get that anymore. For a LONG TIME, I would only be interested in 1 or 2 storylines on ATWT, and then the rest of it was basically filler. I just got used to that.

That episode there was absolutely no filler.

• Members

I definitely want to watch that episode next... maybe tonight if I finish my laundry. lol

After checking out the GL episode thread and reading the episode suggestions, I'm really looking forward to a DVD set. GL was my grandma's favorite soap, and we watched that and ATWT together.

Now I'm interested in watching more episodes of ATWT. I'm going to have to scope around YouTube this weekend. happy.png

• Members

yeah, my grandma raised me, and she watched ATWT and GL, so that's what I grew up watching.

I'll admit that for a while I taped Days and Sunset Beach and Passions (I was 13 though!), but then my History teacher told us that his sister wrote for a soap opera and asked if any of us were familiar with ATWT, and I was like "YES!", so then I started watching it faithfully again. :)

Archived