ATWT: P&G to release ATWT DVD Collection

dragonflies

• Members

Wow we get the 1996 closing with globe. Too bad that closing music wasn't my favorite. And I see Black and Stern as HWs.....lol. I need to go back and see who EP was at the time. The closing moments of the 40th anniversary really made me miss ATWT and how good it was. I wish someone would resurrected the soap somehow. I'd love to see a reformed Adam working for the police force in his dad's memory. So much potential lost by these hack writers and EPs. All the younger set of Stewarts wasted. Dani Andropolous wasted....ugh....

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The episode with John and Lucinda's bathtub scene had sponsor ads in the intro, including one for Dove Soap. LOL

I enjoyed the episode though. I also watched the one where John confronts Margo about her affair with James. I liked that one, but there are so many unfamiliar characters.

It's funny how much easier the episodes from the mid-80s are to follow than the ones from the early-80s. Maybe it's because I recognize all the Snyders. lol

• Members

I remember the early 80's ones....lol. It's nice to see them again. Speaking of the Snyders...I thought Jon Hensley looked his hottest back in 98 followed by his return in 97 and his 85 year. I thought he looked mighty hot in the wedding with Lily in the 1998 episode.

Btw...was on Amazon last night and the DVD went even higher in the sales count.wub.png

• Members

Yeah, JH definitely looked good in the 1998 episode. I always had a crush on Holden. wub.png

I'm watching the 40th Anniversary episode right now. I remember watching this when it first aired. I love seeing all the little kids! I wouldn't have included that Connor/Mark sex scene during an anniversary show, but that's my opinion.

Was that Dani who showed up with Susan?

I loved seeing Barbara vs. Carly (same with the episode where Parker's paternity is revealed.) But I'm LOLing so much at the two girls who "randomly" showed up to admire Carly's clothing line.

• Members

I saw the 40th last night...I thought the show was good even though Black and Stern were HW. Loved the rivarly between Barbara and Carly too. The two girls irritated me....lol

Yes that was Dani that walked in with Susan.

I loved seeing Connor and Mark again and Shawn Christian as Mike.

The Stewarts were missing..Ellen....the rest from the 30th...which I missed.

I think Model Paul had just left so there was no Paul. I loved Model Paul..he was hot.

Too bad in the 30th anniversary show we didnt see Paul. It was a different actor in the role...CB Barnes had left earlier....then Andrew premiered as Paul in late 86 I want to say.

And I also had a crush on Jon Hensley.

• Members

I'm not even going to bother watching the Snyder Christmas episode. I remember it, and I didn't like it the first time around. lol

Right now I'm watching Bob and Kim's anniversary episode. I didn't like how the writers made them "unmarried", but it's actually a pretty good episode, minus seeing Katie and the last incarnation of Chris Hughes.

Aww at Nancy being there. Wasn't this HW's final appearance? I liked seeing Bob interacting with Lisa and Susan (and LOL at the two of them "testing" him), and Kim with Margo and Barbara. Too bad there weren't more of those scenes in the final years of the show.

• Members

I been reading comments to the effect that people should buy this ATWT DVD set in order to support the genre. And while everybody's entitled to their opinion, I would be a total hypocrite if I did not criticize ATWT fans for using this sentiment as a way to promote the DVD set (given how critical I have been of Nixon soaps fans who have claimed/suggested that we've all got to enthuiastically embrace the PP venture in order to "save the soaps").

The most important reason why one should buy this DVD set is because the episodes are really good. Aside from that, the only other reason why one should but the set is because one wants to show support for ATWT (or for the P&G soaps as a whole); this latter reason is primarily why I will choose to purchase the DVD set (as I explained in a post earlier in this thread).

IMO, this whole mantre that "we need to save/support our soaps," is so unrealistic, since the average viewer really only cares about the soap opera(s) he watches. The unfortunate truth--as human nature dictates--is that relatively few care about soaps they seldom watched, or about the genre as a whole.

• Members

This is by no means scientific, 'cause I haven't really run into that sentiment too much, but when I have, it's been from fans of other soaps (in my case specifically GL) who hope strong ATWT sales will hurry a GL set.

• Members

Well, I did not want to get personal (because I happen to like this poster), but Soapsuds currently has--as part of his "signature"--the quote "Get your copy and support the soap genre." While I will always be grateful for the support Soapsuds gave me (after I received some very vicious attacks regarding the reason why I predicted that the PP venture will fail was because I was a "disgruntled P&G soap fan"), I think that a much better (and more genuine) way to promote the DVD set would be to say "Get your copy and support ATWT" or "Get your copy and support the legacy of the P&G soaps."

If I just came across as being somebody who's demanding that Soapsuds change his signature, I sincerely apologize. (This was not my suggestion, and Soapsuds has the right to say whatever he wants in his signature.) It's just that in good conscience I cannot criticize the Nixon soap fans for pimping the PP venture by claiming that its success is absoluetly essential in order to "save all soaps," and then turn a blind eye when a P&G soap fan expresses a similar sentiment.

Archived