ATWT: P&G to release ATWT DVD Collection

dragonflies

• Members

When Mark Yates was interviewed and he said that this release will impact future releases due to how well it sells, I can understand that point of view. If someone wants to buy the DVD, cool if not that's cool too. Not everyone cares for ATWT and that's their right.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually, I think the argument is pretty moot. SC obtained the rights (probably for near 0). They are going to issue plenty more. I'm not concerned. we already know there is a (black) market out there. People will welcome legit releases - it's too bad that they are about 10+ years behind the times and not going digital.

• Members

I think we all get your point, but a line in a signature is like a bumper sticker. Most posters probably wouldn't even notice it. I've been to boards where ABC fans wanted CBS fans' support when their soaps got the axe. Needless to say, I didn't feel it was my duty to "save the genre" when they mean "help make noise for my show" when most of them shrugged when "grandma's soaps" ATWT and GL got canned.

• Members

I'm sure there will be too. I don't exactly understand why they didn't have a GL set ready for Xmas. I got the impression that while they bought the rights to these shows, they didn't exactly have a lot of familiarity with the show. I mean, watching the show with his granny was probably forty years ago. Hence a recommendation from someone that lead to Roger-bleepin-Newcomb getting to spout off his "expertness" in all things ATWT.

• Members

I am glad they did get their hands on the ATWT tapes and we were able to get an ATWT release. I never thought I'd see an ATWT release. A real dream come true....but I agree...don't get why Roger was chosen to help with the ATWT release. He was more of AW fan than ATWT. I have more experience/expertess on ATWT. But oh well....I just hope we get more ATWT DVD releases soon.

• Members

^^^^especially in this day and age---all "input" really takes is posting on a message board. I guarantee 75% of ATWT fans (who'd watched for more than 10 years) would have come up with "Hello, Barbara".

You just know Roger was behind including the clunky '79 episode and the boring last Snyder Xmas ('cause you just can't have enough despondent Luke Snyder...snort)

• Members

I still wonder if the 1979 episode was included because it's never been on Youtube (I'm not sure if it was ever on WoST). Most of the episodes being available, at one time or another, does decrease some of the potential buying.

• Members

^^^^like nearly any other Snyder family Xmas. Heck, even the cheese-tastic Xmas Even episode where Ghost Brad nearly humped out Katie's brains one last time would have a better pick than watching "angst" between Holden and NotLily. We didn't even get the Holden/NonLily HUGE wedding, mostly I suspect because Heather Rattray was playing Lily at the time.

Most of the older stuff on youtube is incredibly crappy. I know I tried to watch the Tom/Margo marriage once, and it was nearly unintelligable.

• Members

IA. I don't quite get why the Tom/Margo wedding is included when those aren't arguably the "most identifiable" T&M, but we gotta have "real Lily" (who's in a horrid dress thanks to MB's pregnancy) marry Holden. The Rattray wedding had a lot more drama and the entire Snyder clan along with most of Oakdale at the time.

And it touches on Aaron's paternity, one of Marland's huge plots. Surely either Aaron's or Adam's paternity reveal would have been a better choice for the Secrets/Scandals video.

• Members

The only reason I can think of is that it was very remembered - Lyla showing up in curlers, the surprise of it all, etc. I agree that they should have had the first Lily/Holden wedding, although perhaps they really wanted to give Martha fans a reason to buy this, after the bad exit she had.

Archived