ATWT: P&G to release ATWT DVD Collection

dragonflies

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My grandmother watched the CBS lineup, although she lost interest when it started going to pieces. She still kept it on as background noise.

I've always felt that GL had my head and ATWT had my heart. ATWT was family, warmth, friendship, history, community. GL had that too, but it also had incredibly complex characters, wonderfully witty dialogue, and moments that made you gasp. I also thought GL was far more suited for the corporate wars - IMO Lucinda was the only one who really ever made that fly on ATWT.

• Members

That was the peak for ATWT corporate wars. That was juicy stuff. A lot of the rest was people sitting around in offices tossing one-liners and dating (although I liked that too). But that was a good episode. I remember the scenes of crestfallen Lucinda at the stables, or the pond, or somewhere. I wish I could see that again.

There's so much ATWT I never thought I'd get to see but has been posted on Youtube in recent years. I kind of wonder if that's why they put that random 1979 episode on, since no one has ever seen that (unless they were watching at the time).

• Members

Oh how could I forget.....I'd love the Ruxton Hills saga with James Stenbeck, Lucinda, Paul, Emily and Barbara on DVD too plus the Derek/Lily story where Lily's face was disfigured and Heather Rattray came into the role. I love those episodes. So many that could have been included in the first release.

• Members

If these were big sellers I'd say that you could do a release on James from 1986-1989 - watching the episodes over the last year I've been fascinated by Marland's arc for James. He goes from suave, all sorts of ladies flocking to him, rich and a hero, to constantly in hiding, decrepit, preying on teenagers, and finally, completely unhinged.

• Members

Bunim was EP when Fulton left. Fulton has a story in her second book, where she goes to talk to a EP about shooting schedules. The woman (it could be none other then Bunim) was sitting in her chair having a glass of wine, kicking back, as she talks, Fulton watches her feet go up and up as the woman leans back, as she tells the story on how she has come up with this great plan, to create all of these exciting young characters, and slowly and slowly making the "old people," less visable so that eventually no one would care when they were gone, they would be so caught up in the younger characters, and Fulton was like, "Uh, I AM one of those old people," Obvisously it was the first round or warning shot for negotiations.

Though it was weird the Dobsons and Bunim created a family built around Fulton, and while the casting for Whit was all wrong, the way they wrote the Lisa/Whit tug of war was interesting, Lisa didnt put up with his [!@#$%^&*] thought she loved him and Whit kind of dug it.

Carl, you point is interesting about Marland's story arc for James, and how he progressed. I actually loved it when Marland brought James back and you couldnt tell if he was still a maniac or just a bad boy. I loved how he was screwing his way across town and would have loved it if they kept him that way (actually that should have been James all along, though the Dobsons too quickly had him skulking around the penthouse, scheeming to topple John of all people and brow beating poor Nels, or Niles.

Archived