ATWT: P&G to release ATWT DVD Collection

dragonflies

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes. There was some fan criticism of this, and I felt the same way. It was tacky to put this Mark/Connor thing in that episode. I was also annoyed at the time because the montage was so heavy on new people and the last montage focused on them, I think. ATWT 40 years does not = Zoe and Sarah.

I thought ART's last scene as Connor was standing in the Kasnoff living room. I don't remember now.

I love that she called them Black and Decker. That was one of the fan names for them.

• Members

Saturday yes...Sunday no......lol

I hear the episodes are good but fans are still pissed at the editing of the opening. The bad part is that they could have edited out the sponsor ad while leaving the opening in place...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mine has 5 days in travel...so I'll get it no later than Friday.

Last night on Amazon it was selling pretty well..hit it highest peak so far.

• Members

Mine went out on Monday of last week and came on Friday...I took slow shipping, which came media mail from NYC.

I have a blu-ray player in another room, but I had to deal with it trying to play it wide screen, throwing off the proportions. I tried first on my computer as I wanted to check to make sure I got one of each disk, while reading the web.

• Members

^^^^OMG yes. He raped Kim while they were married. He was always using underhanded methods to try and get the Chief of Staff position away from Bob. He practically drove David Stewart nuts when he dated Dee and nearly got him sent to jail when John faked his death. The meddlesome, prickly-cuddly guy who married Lucinda was a light years away from '70's bad ass John.

• Members

The treehouse boink was tasteless, in part because Connor was cheating on Cal with the new flavor of the day studmuffin....but the montage was beautiful. There's just no way to represent 40 years, period. And apparently, most of the first 20 years' worth of stuff just doesn't exist.

• Members

Mine came in today, and the episodes look FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC. It's really amazing when all you're used to for old ATWT episodes is the VHS copies on YouTube. They all look very good.

I'm just skimming through them all right now to see if there are any major defects, but I haven't seen anything with an opening edited out yet (though, I've just gotten through one disc, so we shall see). They did edit out the sponsor plugs, which was pretty expected.

I really can't stress enough how beautiful the episodes look, though. And it's great to see so many long-time characters through the years. You get Nancy, Bob, Barbara, and Lisa in 1979, then you get them twenty years later.

• Members

Great post AMS.

I also received my copy in the mail today. I am in Christmas heaven! Seeing HBS Margo again...Lyla....Casey.....just EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

The episodes look great!! I first went to the disk that had Lily finding out Iva and Josh were her parents. Loved seeing the original spinning globe....

I can't wait for GL and hopefully more ATWT!!

• Members

I got a shipping confirmation e-mail on Thursday too, and I received the package today. (I live in RI, so it's not too far from NYC).

I've only watched a couple of episodes, but aside from the edited openings/closings, everything looks AMAZING. The quality is great, even on the older episodes.

11 of the episodes I've seen already, but there are 9 that I haven't seen before, so I'm super-excited to watch them now. As good as it is to watch old episodes on YouTube and whatnot, I'm really happy to be seeing these on my TV screen.

Well-worth the money. I hope that more people buy the DVD set so that we can get a 2nd set (there are so many more episodes that I can think of that I would love to watch again-- or for the first time.) smile.pngsmile.png

• Members

One complaint ...no closing credits on Lily finds out the truth about her mother. I am assuming the closing had a commericial tag?

Now watching the flush episode with Barbara and the boathouse explosion.

Seeing the Lily episode reminded me of how great a writer Douglas Marland was.....loved seeing Brian Bloom again as Dusty.....how Hogan and Goutman turned Dusty into a thug...what a crime!

Archived