ATWT: P&G to release ATWT DVD Collection

dragonflies

• Members

That Holden/Lily wedding was entertaining, but I have noticed that the show looks kinda cheap in the 90s. Whoever directed this episode needs to find a new career. Everything looked bad, especially those bizarre hospital scenes with no extras. I thought it was 2020. I'm definitely going to look this year up because it seems obvious 1998 and 1999 were not good years for this show. I see why they had to revamp things. When did Lorraine Broderick arrive? One thing I loved was seeing Iva (especially with MJ!!!) although she did nothing. They made a big mistake by not utilizing Iva and John's kid considering all the connections. I think Reid should've been MJ.

Don't shoot me, but I really enjoyed the 1996 reunion episode. I'd be interested in seeing more. I liked Connor who I've heard so much about and it was nice finally seeing Dani and Nikki. The 1986 reunion was so emotional watching Chris Hughes tear up. Chris and Nancy were such a nice couple and it was good that they had enough clips to properly showcase the couple. The show also felt so full of life. I loved seeing Penny and Don back. I wish Penny had returned at some point, but her special appearances are nice.

Tom and Margo's wedding was a complete and total shock to me. I had only seen their wedding photo so watching the episode I was confused how they would get from point A to point B. Knowing the couple I shouldn't be surprised, but it was very cute. Thought the recast of Lisa was a bit strange, but she did seem like a good choice if they felt they had to recast. Was my first glimpse of Colin/Deas as Tom and Margo and I have to say they weren't my favorite, but I probably need to see more episodes with them.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Broderick arrived in late 1997 and her material probably began airing in spring 1998. The attempts to fill the gap provided one of the few highlights of FMB's tenure, which was Jennifer returning to keep Kim from dying.

All I gave a sh!t about with the Lily/Holden wedding was seeing Julie again. That was it. I never liked Lily and Holden, and the show had gotten so bad again under FMB that I rarely watched. I tuned back in to see Julie, and some really fun moments she had with Andy. After that I went back to barely struggling with the show. I will remember that Julie over the woman who apparently spent most of ATWT's last decade dying offcamera.

• Members

Connor was a very underrated character. She was also a character who was very unique to ATWT and what ATWT represented to viewers. I can see why FMB thought she was just another character, but she seriously understimated the place Connor had on the show, and Allyson Rice Taylor's talent. Not only that but the way the firing was handled was a disaster, with those involved essentially saying they were looking for a job for an ABC friend. FMB was, for whatever reason, pretty horrible at PR for most of her ATWT run, although, based on that wonderful TV Guide interview when she got back to ABC, that didn't stop once she left ATWT.

• Members

She should have, although I guess considering what was done to most of the female characters over the last years of the show, it was for the best.

I felt so sorry for Allyson at the time because she got a lead role on Timecop and then they fired her from that too. Well at least that show failed, and Allyson seems to have found a happy life outside of acting. But I'd still be thrilled if one of these websoaps cast her in a role. They got Melanie Smith and Margaret Reed back...

• Members

Where is Melanie Smith appearing? I'd like to see her again. Just watching the 86 Anniversary Show and I just cant stand Shannon....I never could....she gets on my nerves.

I've been checking the sales on Amazon and the sales have been brisk. I hope we get more ATWT on DVD.

• Members

I was curious who wrote that 1979 episode and Wikipedia at least gives you a little more info. It has Douglas Marland listed as HW for 13 weeks in Late 1979, then has Bridget and Jerome Dobson as HWs for the rest of the year until 1981. I'd say it's safe to assume one of them wrote that episode. Is there a reason Marland had a very random 13 week stint as HW?

• Members

I think the story goes that after Marland left GH, he "consulted" at P&G, and was given the choice of HW ATWT or GL. For whatever reason, he chose GL.

I'm going to guess Marland's decision was somewhat influenced by ATWT's just coming off a twenty year run at #1. You never want to be the guy who replaces "THE GUY". You want to be the guy after "the guy" who was supposed to replace "THE GUY".

• Members

GL also gave more room to breathe - GL had been successful with the Dobsons, but many of their stories were wrapping up (everything with Roger), and the show had no real younger set of characters, aside from Hillary/Katie/Floyd. ATWT still had a very rigid structure and characters who were already starting to burn through heavy story even at a young age, like Annie and Dee.

• Members

okay, so I watched the episode where Tom and Margo get married. It was fun, but there were a lot of characters who were unfamiliar to me. I had a little bit of trouble keeping up with everything, but I enjoyed the episode and their impromptu wedding. It's funny seeing the other versions of Tom and Margo. They seem so different! Add to that fake-Lisa, who I think was pretty good for a recast since she definitely resembled EF and had some of the same mannerisms. I did think it was funny how she showed up all decked-out in a classy dress while everyone else was dressed in work clothes... and poor Lyla in hair curlers. laugh.png The whole time I was wondering what happened to Bob, but when I saw him show up with Tom (and John with Margo), I started to laugh.

Then I watched Kim and Bob's wedding. Classic. I loved that it was such a big event with a lot of guests and people in the wedding party. Was this the same time that Lucinda and Craig were having an affair? That's what I guessed from watching their scenes. This must have been before Sierra found out that Lucinda was her mother too?

Then I watched Holden and Lily's wedding, which was a mess. Maybe they should have used their 1st wedding, but I guess they wanted one with MB's Lily. The episode was actually pretty decent, but the wedding ceremony itself was off. Molly (and to an extent, Carly's) antics were too much, especially since she just hung around the entire ceremony. My favorite part was when Nancy showed up and just walked right past a crazed Molly in her wedding dress to congratulate Holden and Lily. laugh.png

Archived