The Revolution: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am really surprised that ABC came up with such a flimsy concept to begin with. Honestly, it would have made a lot more sense for GMA in the Afternoon to have started on January 16.

If memory serves me correctly, I seem to recall that some folks at SON predicted that The Chew would bomb even worse than The Revolution (or at least perform as poorly). I never agreed with this line of thinking, because a cooking show on network daytime television was a unique concept (in the sense that it had never been done before).

• Members

I apologize for the confusion, Dragonflies, but when I said "network daytime television" I was referring to the non-cable outlets. To the best of my knowledge, The Chew is the first cooking show to be on a "Big 3" network's daytime schedule. These networks have a wider reach than The Food Network, and therefore I can see why some would find The Chew to be appealing.

• Members

I am really splitting hairs here, but Rachael Ray is syndicated whereas The Chew is actually part of a network daytime lineup. But even if Rachel Ray was on a network television lineup, cooking is popular enough to where I am not surprised two food shows (outside The Food Network) would do well. (Plus, The Chew is different from Ray's show in that the latter program has more elements of a traditional talk show than does the former.)

Archived