The Revolution: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The point is if the show keeps falling, they will just let GH have the slot. I think they knew The Revolution would flop from the get go but wanted to hurry the soaps off the air. Now that its bombing they are gonna want the best possible lead in for Katie Couric, and if that is GH. Even if GH only gets 6 months to a year its better than nothing.

And just because they ordered 200 episodes doesn't mean anything, shows get canceled all the time. A episode order means nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

http://daytimeconfid...3-percent-from-

ABC doesn't generally waste anytime before yanking primetime ratings disasters, like recently-gutted sitcom Work It, off the air. I wonder how long the Mouse House will be too proud to admit they made a huge mistake in cancelling One Life to Live for The Revolution? According to TV Media Insights, The Revolution is only averaging a 1.3/4 share so far this week.

Unless the ratings improve, the talk show/lifestyle transformation cluster fudge will average even lower than the disastrous averages it pulled in for the week of Jan. 23-27, says TVMI's editor Marc Berman:

Keep in mind that the week one total viewer average for The Revolution was already a subpar 1.68 million viewers (which was off by 37 percent from One Life to Live one year earlier). So, unless there is an uptick, week two will be lower.

This week-to-date, The Revolution is losing 28 percent of The Chew's lead-in audience, and is down a whopping 43 percent from One Life to Live in the same timeslot in 2011.

• Members

I do watch The Chew sometimes, but I cannot turn the channel fast enough when TR comes on. Ty doing that battle cry, ugh, so corny. I've seen very little of the show to fairly judge, but who cares right?, but you know what it reminds me of? Remember that The View knockoff they did Saturdays on Lifetime with Linda Dano, Tenikka Ray, an asian doctor, and whoever? Both shows have a very polished/rehearsed vibe, not at all spontaneous like when The View ladies are cackling. It doesn't feel even liive on tape. The overall effect is rather clinical. I'm going to guess that Tim Gunn is probably the best part of the show.

Archived